Starting to have second thoughts about L900 and I haven't even received it yet

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No hostility here bro. Just needed point out that not everyone was having problems w/ their Lumia 900's. Also, on the internet, people that have issues tend to express their opinions more than those with no issues. No phone is perfect. But if one is to make their opinion on whether or not to get a device based on what some people say in a forum, you're going to get a skewed view. I can attest to this. I was VERY reticent about getting this device after coming to this forum. I just one day decided to say "screw it! I'm getting this device!" It turned out my worries were all for nothing. I have ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES with my device.

Again, I'm not saying these issues don't exist. I'm just saying that all the issues people may be having with their device may only be coming from a small (but vocal) sample of all Lumia 900 owners.

Exactly.

The only reason you seem to hear so much about the Lumia is:

A) People come to forums to vent/ask for help more than they do to check in and say everything's great.

...and

B) Nokia has sold more Lumia 900's in a few weeks than HTC and Samsung sell Windows Phones in a year. It's a numbers game. If you have 27 people who own HTC Titan's and 2,027 who own Lumia's what do you think the odds are going to be that you'll hear more complaints about the Lumia. A 5th grader can do that math.

...and of course

C) N8ter does nothing but troll and start arguments here. I haven't seen him make a single positive contribution. That should color anyone's opinion of what he has to say on any subject here.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You did, just not by name. You said "the Lumia has probably the second worse camera in the WP7 ecosystem. Even the HD2 is better (pink tint notwithstanding) and only the DVP (discontinued) was worse." The HTC Surround falls into the WP7 ecosystem category. I was pointing out that it, too, was a worse camera than the Lumia.
Dunno. Think it might be the way you are holding it. Cause I have taken some fantastic pictures with my Surround the past two years.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm quite satisfied so far with my L900 after almost 3 weeks of usage. However I'm upgrading to the Apollo flagship device early next year. I definitely want to be able to take awesome pictures, be able to have more then 5 suspended apps in multitask view and many other things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria