Still have not received my presale 11/30/15

IsraelDuran

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I pre ordered my surface pro 4 the day it became available for pre order and went to pick it up from the Microsoft store the day the product launched. I had received an email telling me it was ready. I was given an i5 and explained that I pre ordered the i7, I was then told the i7 would not be launching until November 20th and to keep the i5 until then. A few hours after launch Microsoft sent everyone that pre ordered an i7 SP4 an email confirming that there was a delay on the i7 SP4 and it was set to launch the 20th. I went back to the Microsoft store on the 20th and a few times afterwards as well. I still have no device and have been given no indication on when I will be receiving my device.
I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue or if anyone was able to get their i7 SP4 and I'm just being toyed with.

*EDIT* I meant pre order in the subject line not pre sale

steveg1947

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I received my sp4 i7 512gb at a Microsoft retail store on 11/19. The ms rep at the store told me that she was going thru hell trying to explain to other customers that Microsoft short shipped them and not all the 11/20 schedules could be met. MS needs to get their act together. The store personnel try their best but are constantly embarrassed by the lack of Microsoft corporate support.

IsraelDuran

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys, I was told first week of December but I'm honestly really disappointed. I'm a loyal fan and because of that I will continue to buy their products and that's also why I preordered but as a person who works in retail something like this is absolutely mediocre and would never be okay. Any new customer would not and should not accept this and it would be terrible to their retail business which is still an infant and has a long way to go in many ways.

GatsbyGlen

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
16GB model? I noticed that those can't be pre-ordered now on Best Buy. It says coming soon now. Hmmm. Only the i7/8GB models can be pre-ordered now. I don't think that was the case a couple of days ago.

zulu208

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Called Costco Tuesday (12/1/2015) and they said my i7/16gb/256gb should be shipped this week. well ... it is Saturday and no shipping notice.

sometime, I feel like the distribution manager or vp at MS should be fired. everyone got hyped up for sp4 and the 950/950xl except they are no where to be found. it is like they don't want to sell the hardware.

zulu208

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
... Perhaps its a sort of good thing you are late receiving your device as so many early purchasers bought what amounted to a BETA device. ...

As I wrote above a late delivery could be a silver lining in ones cloud as by the time you finally do receive your device hopefully these bugs may have been eliminated? ....

Kind regards, Ryland

That's what I keep telling myself as well.

IsraelDuran

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Guys I got my SP4 i7 from the MS store on the 4th of December finally, however they were not holding it for me as they were supposed to, nor did they contact me to let me know it was there. I just showed up and asked.

tbears99

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I had to go pick mine up at the store on the 20th. They would not hold it for me. So far it has been great. A few battery issues but with the power settings recommended in some threads, itis OK for now. I mostly use it plugged in. I only got the display driver crash once or twice. I got the i7/16G with 512G drive.

zulu208

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
finally got mine yesterday as well. Woke up with an email that it has been shipped. when i looked at the shipping #, it said it was out for delivery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99