Still no orientation lock

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Even my WM had it! But it was made by Samsung not MS. Now that OEMs cant touch the OS , MS has to step up to the plate and add does missing features they NEVER even had to think about befor cause OEMs had their back!

I think that's the problem. Most feature you see in other phones (aside from iPhone and BB) are made by the oem/rtm.

And even if it's missing it won't be long till the first update ;)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Now that WP8 is officially released, can anyone confirm that there is no orientation lock?

Serious bummer if it's true. I'm very likely getting a 920 and it's astonishing to think a phone with that many cool features can't do something as simple as not flip the damn screen around annoyingly when I use it in bed. :straight:

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been on the WP-wagon since release and I have been waiting for this since then, I am getting that Lumia 920 for free through work (If I had to pay myself I would probably get an Iphone) but if MS doesnt get their act together on things like orientation lock, tracking lost toasts, custom sms and e-mail signals etc etc, then the Lumia will be my last Windows Phone.

MS just dont seem to get it, the little things is important and this missing option really makes me hate my phone when I use it in bed, setting alarms etc.

Last edited:

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Bummer that there is no orientation lock. It always pisses me off when you tilt a phone even a little bit, it will change orientation. We need this feature Microsoft. It's a simple feature that should be on every single smartphone. Apple knows it, Google knows it..but apparently you don't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124