Storage Check beta - maps?

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
why is it still not possible in the storage check FINAL to save MAps on SD card?
Its working in the beta for half a year now, why dont they make it final? Dont want to use beta software on my device...

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
why is it still not possible in the storage check FINAL to save MAps on SD card?
Its working in the beta for half a year now, why dont they make it final? Dont want to use beta software on my device...

You have to get the LUMIA Storage Check as a separate app. The beta worked fine, don't be so paradoid. However, after a hard reboot a few days ago and reloading the app, it appears to no longer be in beta.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I know its a seperate app. I just wondered why they dont bring that feature to the official/final/whatever LUMIA STORGE CHECK app, if it works fine...?
Your last sentence makes no sense. It appears to be noo longer in beta? How do you know?

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I know its a seperate app. I just wondered why they dont bring that feature to the official/final/whatever LUMIA STORGE CHECK app, if it works fine...?
Your last sentence makes no sense. It appears to be noo longer in beta? How do you know?

1. Why do yo expect me to know what Nokia is thinking? Sheesh.
2. I know it's not in beta anymore because the word "beta" is no longer in the app name. Double sheesh!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Mainly because Nokia can't guaranty the speed of the SD card. They found that if you have a slow card, the maps have issues refreshing. So they yanked that feature from the official build. But they left it in their "beta" for those who want to try it. But if you have issues, its your own fault (type of thing).

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Mainly because Nokia can't guaranty the speed of the SD card. They found that if you have a slow card, the maps have issues refreshing. So they yanked that feature from the official build. But they left it in their "beta" for those who want to try it. But if you have issues, its your own fault (type of thing).

Makes no sense to me. But then, again, the Nobel I deserve elludes me......

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Aha, so IT IS still beta? You guys confuse me. Someone said, its not beta anymore

There are two version's. Normal and Beta.

Beta version supports adding maps to sd cards, has stated above. It is found under application's itself if installed
Normal version does not support maps to sd cards and this is version which show up when you go settings->

Both can be installed via SysApp Pusher. But if you have amber installed already then you should have at least normal storage installed already.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler