Storage Expansion Solution - Question

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Pretty awesome idea, really. At least for someone who is not a photographer and doesn't need to constantly read SD cards.

The Surface Book has only been out for a short time. Third party manufacturers are probably going to wait to see how well it's doing before they start designing specific things like this to go with it.

I never knew something like that existed. I've just been using those nano sized USB 3.0 Flash drives, like http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Micro-Att...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3357631 or http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3357631

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Cool, jywang. Thanks for the link. Amazon gave me similar items at the bottom, and I was able to find one that has the proper dimensions for my laptop for only $4.16. I think I'm going to pick up one for me and one for my wife. I just hope the quality is okay.

seneleron

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
BaseQI makes some microSD adapters that JUUUST stick out enough to get them back out, and are only $24.00 on Amazon. I'd link, but I haven't fulfilled my obligatory 10 post. The one I'm using is for the 13" macbook air/ 13"15" macbook pro non retina.

astell

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Cool, jywang. Thanks for the link. Amazon gave me similar items at the bottom, and I was able to find one that has the proper dimensions for my laptop for only $4.16. I think I'm going to pick up one for me and one for my wife. I just hope the quality is okay.

Are you getting them for the Surface Bk or another laptop.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you getting them for the Surface Bk or another laptop.

Sorry, should have specified. I have a Lenovo and my wife has an Acer. I marked the SD card sticking out with a line flush to the laptop using a pen, then measured it. Found an adapter that matched the size I need by scrolling down to the product specifications. Some of them will give the dimensions of the adapter, some do not. Of the ones that do, I was able to find one that will fit at a reasonable price. It was actually made for a MacBook Pro, but doesn't have the lip on the end, so it will work for me. Hey, the MicroUSB cables I bought advertised as being for the Samsung Galaxy series. Yeah, lots of things that are standard get a popular name attached to them just to make the sales.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen