Straight Talk 8.1 apn settings help

twhartman

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Was fighting with the same issue with my unlocked 520 Win8.1 on Straight Talk (AT&T Sim.)
Here are my settings that work...

Internet APN:
APN = tfdata
(all others blank)

MMS APN:
APN = tfdata
UserName = (blank)
Password = (blank)
Authentication type = PAP
WAP gateway = mms3(dot)tracfone(dot)com
WAP gateway port = 80
MMSC (URL) = H tea tea pea (colen)(backslash,backslash)mms-tf(dot)net(backslash)
MMSC port = 80
Maximum MMS size = (blank)
IP type = IPv4v6

Sorry about the workaround - wp thought i was posting a link and I wouldn't let me reply...
Hope it works for you!

Nick McCoy

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Was fighting with the same issue with my unlocked 520 Win8.1 on Straight Talk (AT&T Sim.)
Here are my settings that work...

Internet APN:
APN = tfdata
(all others blank)

MMS APN:
APN = tfdata
UserName = (blank)
Password = (blank)
Authentication type = PAP
WAP gateway = mms3(dot)tracfone(dot)com
WAP gateway port = 80
MMSC (URL) = H tea tea pea (colen)(backslash,backslash)mms-tf(dot)net(backslash)
MMSC port = 80
Maximum MMS size = (blank)
IP type = IPv4v6

Sorry about the workaround - wp thought i was posting a link and I wouldn't let me reply...
Hope it works for you!

That would deffinitely work if windows 8.1 had the option to edit the MMS APN but ATM it looks MMS settings will probably be stuck to whatever settings it was on on the previous provider

Kudamm99

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
My wife's unlocked HTC 8S is now on Straight Talk, AT&T sim, and the prior carrier (Cincinnati Bell) had opted not to list the "add MMS APN" option on the settings menu. So MMS is not working, though data is fine. Is there no hack to get at those settings?

I've tried HTC's Connection Setup app, but none of the logical choices (AT&T, Straight Talk, Tracfone) seem to work to get MMS messaging working.

Oltremari

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
twhartman, THANKS!!! Finally a solution that worked.

I have tried every combination I have found. This is the first one that has worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)