Strange thing on Lumia 635

bavve

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody!

Today on Lumia 635 of my father happened a strange thing: he received an alert notification (like the one that advise you that you have less than 10% of battery) that said (in italian) "You won a gift, enter your email to get it" and you have only two options: save o cancel.

I think it is a sort of spam, but I can't understand how can be possibile something like and if there is a way to delete it.

Thanks to all for the help!

Greetings from Italy!

Enrico

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody!

Today on Lumia 635 of my father happened a strange thing: he received an alert notification (like the one that advise you that you have less than 10% of battery) that said (in italian) "You won a gift, enter your email to get it" and you have only two options: save o cancel.

I think it is a sort of spam, but I can't understand how can be possibile something like and if there is a way to delete it.

Thanks to all for the help!

Greetings from Italy!

Enrico

Yes, I also think it is some kind of spam.

The alert that your father received may have been a special type of SMS, usually reserved for emergency broadcasts from government agencies or mobile service providers, but the alert notification is different from the one set for SMS alerts. I've received a couple or so already from my mobile service provider and the only options were, just like what your father saw, Save and Cancel. I just tapped on "Cancel" and I never saw a trace of that message again.

It's just strange how a spam-type of message was delivered in that manner since that is a "reserved" SMS protocol. At any rate, as long as you (or your father) does not enter any personal information in such types of messages, you (and your father) should be fine.

bavve

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Perfect! I warned my father about it, and I hope that he follows the advice! :)

Thanks a lot gpobernardo!

Greetings from Italy

Enrico

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss