Stuck on call screen

anon(5562316)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Im having some problems with my 8x. It started a few weeks back that when I get a call it will sometimes get stuck when I try to end the call. It will normally end itself after a few minutes but it is still quite annoying. I can press the windows button and use the phone but cant make any calls.

That's not the worse problem. Sometimes it will get stuck on the incoming call screen. I have Answer, ignore and Text reply. Pressing any of these does nothing apart from text reply. The only way out of it is to reset the phone via the power and volume combo. When the call comes in I can answer and talk just fine, its just when I come to end.

I have done a reset to defaults and that did fix it for awhile but its started again.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks Matt

mohmia

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me twice in the last 2 weeks with my Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T. I tend to answer the call and hit the speaker at the same time. I don't know if this bug was introduced recently. I can notice the problem when the Speaker button is not highlighted on the call screen but the call is indeed on speaker, after that I can't turn off the speaker or end the call from my side. I can still go to home screen, open other apps, switch between apps, everything works, but the call screen will never go away, even after the other person disconnected, it will still show tap here to open the call on top of the screen. When I tap to go back to the call screen, it will stay in 'Ending...' and I can still tap thru' the buttons except the speaker and End button and it will stay there for hours. don't recall if I was able to get any more incoming call last time though.

I did a reboot (soft) the first time, the problem was gone until Today... I did a hard reset (holding volume down and power button together for about 10 secs). Let's see if it repeats again.

mohmia

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok this happened to me again y'day. This time, the call screen is non responsive and won't even go to Speaker, but I could hear the caller. after the disconnect, the screen won't go away and hitting the back, home or search button won't do a thing. So, I again had to do a hard reset. If it keeps repeating, I might have to take it to AT&T. I hate to get a replacement and reinstall all the apps and redo the tiles as I want it.... I know it will reinstall all the apps but my original tile layout is NOT remembered in the new device. Hope Microsoft adds that to the wish list.

anon(5562316)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
My phone has stopped doing it now! Very strange just going through a midlife crisis maybe? Lol.
I found if you can get to the home screen opening messages a few times it will end the call. If you cant a hard reset is your only option.

avazee

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
This is happening for me as well. When I get an incoming call, I get two different (but related) issues:

1) I can accept the call, but the "incoming call" screen (the screen with the Accept/Ignore/Text Reply buttons) never goes away. It just gets stuck. The screen stays on during the duration of the call.

2) I can accept the call, the incoming call screen goes away, and the screen with the "End Call, Speaker, Mute, etc." buttons pops up. The phone looks like its working (proximity sensor works fine), but when I am done with the call and press the End Call button, the End Call screen transition never goes away.

For both of these scenarios, I am unable to get back to ANY screen. If I turn off the screen and turn it back on, it never shows the lock screen, but the same stuck screen. I am unable to shut the phone down by just pressing the power button. The only thing that works is a soft reset.

This has only started happening about 2 weeks ago, and it happens about 1-2 times a day.

Any ideas? This is getting extremely annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Ahmad Pirani

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke to T-mobile about this and they said this is an ongoing issue with Windows Phone since forever. And she also sent a link that has the recommended settings to avoid this issue which says to put WiFi-Calling to WiFi preferred instead of Cellular preferred. I don't understand why, but that seems to have resolved people's issue. I have just made that change and will wait for few days to see if it happens again. However, the worst problem with this settings is that you won't be able to send or receive text messages.

Neeraj Verma1

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,
I am using Lumia 1520 and upgraded to Windows 10.
I see when I get a call or make call, most of the times once call is over or on going, phone screen stops working, it's really very annoying.
Then only thing you have is to hard reboot.

Please let me know if there is any solution???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs