Stuck on WPRT(reading phone info)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Try other USB cables, USB ports or another PC.
This "error" is most likely due to a not perfect contact between the phone and ypur PC.
if all above fails try a hard reset and then try again.

Good luck.

PS Did you use the WPRT or the LSRT already before and did it work then?

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Try other USB cables, USB ports or another PC.
This "error" is most likely due to a not perfect contact between the phone and ypur PC.
if all above fails try a hard reset and then try again.

Good luck.

PS Did you use the WPRT or the LSRT already before and did it work then?

I used wprt and lsrt both.. Both are not going further.. Even when i connect it to laptop it doesn't charge but show device on wprt.. What might be the problem?

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Is the phone alive? If not, but you can restart it, connect the phone with USB cable, start WPRT, restart the phone. While booting up WPRT will detect it.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
It is alive.. I've done it but its not going further 'Reading phone info'

I would try a hard reset then. In System -> About -> Restore to factory settings, I think. Then do not restore any backup, just click through and try WPRT again. Maybe it will make a difference. BTW which phone is it?

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I would try a hard reset then. In System -> About -> Restore to factory settings, I think. Then do not restore any backup, just click through and try WPRT again. Maybe it will make a difference. BTW which phone is it?
Lumia 720.. I had done hard reset(dont have any back up) bt its still not working.. And the phone was not getting connected to pc and was not even charging bt WPRT could find my phone while connecting. Is it phone problem or pc?

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hm, I would try different USB port, cable, and even computer. Does the phone appear in Explorer? Can you browse any shown folders? If the phone is functioning it should work. If you have a pin set, you should unlock the phone when connecting it to PC. I would also check in Control Panel -> Device Manager if there are any yellow triangles present and uninstall any such device. I would uninstall anything with a name of your phone anyway and let Windows search for changed HW, it's in action menu. If it does not help then I don't know. I was able to bring my L1520 from the dead more times than I care for :D

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hm, I would try different USB port, cable, and even computer. Does the phone appear in Explorer? Can you browse any shown folders? If the phone is functioning it should work. If you have a pin set, you should unlock the phone when connecting it to PC. I would also check in Control Panel -> Device Manager if there are any yellow triangles present and uninstall any such device. I would uninstall anything with a name of your phone anyway and let Windows search for changed HW, it's in action menu. If it does not help then I don't know. I was able to bring my L1520 from the dead more times than I care for :D

Tried it on other pc and it was working.. Thanks.. :)

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Glad to hear it you were able to resolve that. So it's something with laptop then.
Yes.. Did you install the new build? If yes then on which phone? Is it good? I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about the build like the settings app is missing, bricking devices, etc..

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes.. Did you install the new build? If yes then on which phone? Is it good? I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about the build like the settings app is missing, bricking devices, etc..
Not yet, I have to travel and can't afford any glitches. In two weeks maybe. I have Lumia 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb