Successor for the 1520

SCXR

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree. They also need to release their phones on every U.S. carrier when released.

There needs to be a successor. Samsung, HTC, Motorola and Apple don't rest on their laurels and stay content with the status quo Microsoft shouldn't either. If you want Microsoft and in turn Windows (phone) to gain market share and give other OSs a run for their money (and gain developer interest & support) there has to be a better flag-ship every year. Most consumers want the bigger and better admittedly me included. I've sold my 1520 and I have a iPhone 6+ on it's way. I know the 6 is not revolutionary but, it's incremental changes in conjunction with what I consider an excellent wearable coming make it very desirable.

Dustin Jackson

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as a lot of people. I really like the OS and I've been a windows phone fan since wp7. But I've been on a 1520 since January. The size is finally really bugging me. It's just simply too big. The new lumia 930 would be perfect (with my wireless charging devices), but it's not available in the US. For me, I think a 5" screen might be too big also. the size and feel of the new iphone6 is pretty good.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as a lot of people. I really like the OS and I've been a windows phone fan since wp7. But I've been on a 1520 since January. The size is finally really bugging me. It's just simply too big. The new lumia 930 would be perfect (with my wireless charging devices), but it's not available in the US. For me, I think a 5" screen might be too big also. the size and feel of the new iphone6 is pretty good.

So you could settle for 830 or 730 if you love taking selfies.

Dustin Jackson

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
The hardware specs of those devices seem like too much of a step down from the 1520. i don't really want to trade size for low to middle hardware performance.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, the phone is great as is with one exception: not on Verizon. As soon as it is available on Verizon I'll get it. AT&T is not helpful in my area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte