Surface 3 and email/wifi issues

MercenaryOne

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
First off I want to start off with the email issues, see if anyone else has a solution or has had this problem before.
My wife and I access our email through outlook.com(formerly Hotmail). We don't use the mail app because it is ****, as well as other reasons.
Problem is when we go to Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, it comes up saying server not found. This is in IE and FF both. I can then go to any of my desktops on the same network and access these websites, I can get on a laptop and access it via wifi. I can remote into my server and access it. All of these work perfectly fine except on the Surface 3. Every other dang website works! Every single one, random websites, my normal ones like windowscentral, Slashdot, engadget, msn, yahoo, steam, every single one works, just not Hotmail.com or Outlook.com.

Has anyone seen, heard of, or have this problem at all? It feels like I am the only person.

Now the wifi issue, is stuff transfers ungodly slow, it will be connected yet the store, or apps, or any website will not come up. In order to fix the connected but not issue I have to disable the wifi and re-enable, if that doesn't work, reboot it till it does.
Windows Update is currently up to date, only optional update is a driver for my printer(I installed it before and it messed up my print capabilities) so its using a generic windows driver now. Does anyone else have these issues?

charlyee

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I use Outlook.com as well but access it through the mail app without any issues. I went and checked Outlook.com and see the same emails, so basically no issues.

Sorry I wasn't much help, good luck getting it sorted out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786