Surface Book Shipped?

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I received a shipping/tracking notice from Fed Ex for a package to be delivered by 10:30 AM on Monday and it requires a signature. It was sent from Maintek Computer (Suzhou) Co. in China. I have nothing else that I am expecting at this time (and certainly nothing from China) so I assume that it is my Surface Book.

Has anyone else received such a notice?

Thanks,
<TED>

njdev1k

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Same for me, delivery this Friday though. Hope it stands. It is the surface book. Checked order on Microsoft store website and same tracking info.

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No ship notification, ut it is showing up in my FedEx portal when I log in. Still shows as "in process" on my store account, however.

Mine shows as "indirect signature required" whichi if I'm not mistaken, means I can leave a signed note authorizing the driver to leave it, which I'm OK with doing based on my home and neighborhood. Nobody can really see my front porch from our street, and besides, traffic is very minimal anyway. I might have this option though simply becuase I have the portal setup and have previously provided credentials with FedEx to allow me to do this.

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Still no email, change of status or credit card activity here. It still says "Ships By October 26" but I was hoping it might get here by Friday.

jasbur

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Mine was shipped and supposed to be delivered Friday, but...
FedEx now shows Clearance Delay, "Clearance instructions from the importer are required."

Erik Talbert

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
FedEx now shows Clearance Delay, "Clearance instructions from the importer are required."

That might mean MS is having them hold it until the 26th for a street dating?

Anyone hear who ordered Via Amazon heard anything yet? They don't show a date on their surface book pre-orders for me (I ordered first batch), and just wanted to make sure of the 26th for them too (Best Buy does)

afcor

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Oh, mine now says the same thing. Apparently Microsoft really doesn't want these in the hands of people before the actual release date! So, now it's just chilling in Memphis for the time being...

bhatech

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
That might mean MS is having them hold it until the 26th for a street dating?

Anyone hear who ordered Via Amazon heard anything yet? They don't show a date on their surface book pre-orders for me (I ordered first batch), and just wanted to make sure of the 26th for them too (Best Buy does)

No the holding would happen at FedEx not at the customs, hopefully they clear this stuff soon so that we can receive our devices tomorrow.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what to make of this but I'm seeing at least 5 press reviews on my Twitter feed today with Surfacebook unboxing/reviews that MS retweeted. So it appears at least that the press got theirs today.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Charge on my cc is pending, order status on MS store still processing. If they want to get this thing to me by Monday, they better speed things up a tad.

Lukewarmchili

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Same for me. My bank account shows its been charged since Monday. When I go to the MSStore to check my order it shows "In Process." I was hoping I would have the device by tomorrow but that is not going to happen at this point. I'm starting to think that since I have not gotten a tracking number or confirmation that it has shipped that it will not be here on Monday.

cunn8780

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the first batch through Amazon and just got an email saying it would be delivered on Wednesday. I called Amazon, but the lady I talked to didn't have a clue and tried to cancel my order.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about what MS says on their web site. I got my shipping notice from Fed Ex on Wednesday and watched the package get to Memphis before the MS website acknowledged that they had hit my card and shipped my order.

<TED>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorGabl