Surface Duo gets Android 14 update, but it's not from Microsoft

Arun Topez

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
It honestly baffles me how a company can release a device, charge a crazy price for it, and just abandon the customers who actually spent that coin on it. With their competitors releasing phones with guaranteed updates for 7 years now... it really makes MS look bad and untrustworthy.

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Because no one bought it. Only around 40,000 Duo 1s were sold. That number was reported here. The actual quote was "between 30,000 and 50,000". I have seen no sales numbers at all for the Duo 2.

After the utter failure and abandonment of Windows Phones, what honestly baffles me is why anyone actually bought the Duo.

I am sure that if/when MS ever releases another phone, the same 40,000 people will buy it. And then be honestly baffled when it fails and is abandoned. Again.

I still have some Windows phones. Nokia 920, Icon and 1520. They all still work and hold a charge, but they aren't really useful at this point. So even though I was a Windows phone fan, I knew better than to buy an Android phone from MS.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Duouser3

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Keep the Duo alive its a Great phone I currently use it everyday of my life lets keep this device going and featured in every lobby and forum for it should STAY ALIVE ITS A GREAT PHONE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria