Surface Headphones bluetooth issue

fish1856

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I recently picked up a pair of Surface Headphones to go with my new Surface Book. Everything paired up just fine, computer is showing that the device is connected and i did get sound through it. However, the audio quality on things like music or game auido is absoluetly atrocious. Cotrana seems to sound ok, but I'm 100% sure on that. If I plug in wired, they sound really good. I also noticed that when I am connected via bluetooth I am not getting options for Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos, this usually occurs when headphone are not detected. One solution I found was to un-check telephony on the bluetooth services, but all this did was completely disconnect the headphones.

Has any one else run into this and have a fix? My current work around is to connect via wire, but kinda defeats the point. I have not tried connecting to anothe computer yet.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what's with MS products but they don't seem to be working that great lately! Had someone else with a MS keyboard and now this.

Sometimes toggling Bluetooth may help.

Have you tried removing the headphones and pairing again? That usually fixes things.

Also check that all the updates for the OS are downloaded as they can sometimes interfere with some basic things.

Other option is to delete the drivers for Bluetooth and have them reinstall. Not something you want to do but sometimes things happen.

Before using the headphones ensure that all the pairing is done.

Keep us up to date.

fish1856

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
So an update, connected the Surface Headphones to my Surface Pro 6, and they work exactly like the should. The only difference now is i'm seeing a third option in my sound menu, surface headphones stereo. So it's definitely something to do with the surface book connection. I did just redo my surface pro 6 so it was more or less a clean install of everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo