Surface laptop is too expensive for not unique device

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I am going to have to disagree. As Daniel Rubino already pointed out in his review, the overall design and materials used for the Surface Laptop are premium quality, the design is screwless and it's thin, light and smaller yet with competitive performance compared to other laptops that are mostly larger, heavier and not as thin.

People do appreciate design. Why do you think Apple sold so many of their devices? Definitely not because they don't have a headphone jack or because those would be unique specs-wise.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
OP: Do you have something against this machine?

"Surface laptop is too expensive for not unique device" - you can probably apply that quote to a LOT of devices, cars, products out there but people still buy them.

Photonsym

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Innovation is awesome but some things are really better off kept the way they are and most "innovative features" these days are just gimmicks. For many people a classic clamshell laptop design is perfect and as for the price, your paying for the build quality and design.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Surface laptop is a traditional laptop only added alcantara and touchscreen with not a 360° hinge
I think the Zune (I say this in an affectionate way) Notebook is quite a stunner in its look and feel. If you need something that acts like a notebook and a tablet, there are other devices in the Surface lineup that are better served for those purposes.

The Surface Pro is on the "tablet-side" of the converged device divide whereas the Surface Laptop is on the "notebook-side" of that divide.

There is still a lack of a quantity of quality Modern UI apps and so I have little need for a Windows tablet or anything that tries to mimic a Windows tablet. But the Surface Laptop looks like a terrific replacement for my Macbook Air (and quite a bit more).

It is definitely at the top of my list when I'm ready to buy my next notebook. The only thing that could knock the Surface Laptop out of the top spot is if Lenovo hits a homerun with their retro ThinkPad later this year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett