Surface Pro 11 vs. MacBook Pro 14 (M3): Comparing design, features, and performance

The Werewolf

May 4, 2014
Visit site
"...to the point where Windows Central Editor-in-Chief has dubbed the collaboration between Qualcomm and Microsoft a "Great Reset" in the PC industry."

Y'know... citing your editor as evidence of the significance of something is a little like saying "but my mom thinks it's the best...". I mean, she may well be right, but it's going to come across either as pandering or laziness - biased at best.

In this case, yeah, Mom's wrong if for no other reason than Intel and AMD are hardly going to take this lying down and as I like to keep reminding people: the Windows market is nothing like the Mac one. MacOS fans have exactly ONE source for computers that run macOS: Apple. That's not even remotely true for Windows and you might have missed that unlike Apple, not even one Windows OEM has committed to ARM-only going forward...

Not even Microsoft.

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
"...to the point where Windows Central Editor-in-Chief has dubbed the collaboration between Qualcomm and Microsoft a "Great Reset" in the PC industry."

Y'know... citing your editor as evidence of the significance of something is a little like saying "but my mom thinks it's the best...". I mean, she may well be right, but it's going to come across either as pandering or laziness - biased at best.

In this case, yeah, Mom's wrong if for no other reason than Intel and AMD are hardly going to take this lying down and as I like to keep reminding people: the Windows market is nothing like the Mac one. MacOS fans have exactly ONE source for computers that run macOS: Apple. That's not even remotely true for Windows and you might have missed that unlike Apple, not even one Windows OEM has committed to ARM-only going forward...

Not even Microsoft.
Why would any OEM commit to ARM only at this precise point in time? You are missing the point of that comment. This is a great reset. Qualcomm are giving great performance AND superb battery life to those who want it. Most users will want that. And I'm sure MediaTek will get involved as well. If Intel are to remain relevant for most users then they need to move toward the power and performance. of the ARM designs. Yes there is currently a place for x86 chips if you need the best power, but most people don't need that. And ARM may well eventually take the ultimate power trophy as well.
So stop missing the point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pah66