Surface Pro 3 - longevity/true laptop?

Dave Drouin

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I still think 12 inches with 3:2 is on the small side. My laptop is a 15.6, which I will replace. So i'm kind of torn. I still have my desktop though which is 2 - 23inch screens, almost 4 feel wide. ;) Maybe that's my problem.
Like others I'm a little concerned about durability. I really don't like seeing the grid on top to let the hot air from the fan out. Concerns me a lot.
I wonder if with the broadwell chip the grid will still be there to let heat out. if that's the case, might as well get the one with the fan.
Better to let the heat out i suppose.
I have gone to see the SP3 and liked it a lot. I would like to take it into a back room to see how quiet (or not) it is with the fan. Maybe the'll let me take it into the mens room. hahaha.
I supposed there will be plenty of reviews on june 20th to tell us how noisy it is.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Any source for this or is that just speculation? I wouldn't mind picking up myself a power cover if it comes out.

Pure speculation. The SP3 seems to just approach the line for all day 'light' use, it seems pretty necessary for anyone wanting to do any serious computation on the go... this accessory could make or break the decision for many students I imagine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria