Surface Pro 3 Touchscreen Deadspot

W

WPCentral Question

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro3-surfhardware/surface-pro-3-touch-and-pen-dead-spot/

Anyone else in the community having the touchscreen dead spot issue on the surface pro3 ? I've only had it today and it has only been 5 days since I used my new surface pro 3. I've only found the thread mentioned above regarding the issue. Workaround to troubleshoot have not been fruitful and the dead zone continues to plague the usability of my SP3 and have to resort to keyboard trackpad or surface pen. ie. can't even properly scroll webpages with swipes of my finger. Let this not be the second time I will be selling used tablet from microsoft because I was so frustrated with microsoft's inconsistency and reliability, at least in my experience. My first windows surface RT didn't last too long until I sold it to someone else refurbished. Might just end up the same with this one :/

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... I have had a few issues with my Surface not responding after waking it from connect standby. But other than that did not have any issues. Another user from this site has had issues with his screen not responding in a certain section. See http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-surface-pro-3/306725-does-anyone-have-screen-issue.html.

I don't have a solution for you but I'm not sure why you would sell this yet. The Surface Pro 3 is under manufacture warranty for the first year. Call Microsoft and get it replaced. Or better yet since you have had it for only 5 days you could even try replacing it from the retailer you bought the device from or just return it. Most store policies tend to be 15 to 30 days. Don't waste your time or lose money trying to sell it yourself. Hopefully you can get the issue resolved.

Hopefully this was somewhat helpful!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senda.123