Surface Pro 4 using Intel Core M, 13 to 14 inch screen, rumor said

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Surface Pro 3 was a huge success for Microsoft, that they going to cut down the price to compete with apple's macbook air. The next Surface Pro 4 would using the Intel Core M (like Lenovo ThinkPad Helix and Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro), with 13 to 14 inch screen (mostly would be the same screen ratio like Surface Pro 3, which is 3:2), and packed with Windows 10. Also, Microsoft would release only 2 versions of Surface Pro 4 (rather 5 versions like Surface Pro 3). Some said that it would have the same spec of the next apple's macbook air

source:
Chinese Version
English Version

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
So far severely disappointed in the new Intel Core M processors. The first group were aimed solely at battery life and have inferior performance to the i5 and i7 processors. Hopefully the next group of Broadwell processors will focus more on power. I love having the power of a desktop PC in a Surface body.

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
2 version of surface pro 4 should be Core M5 for 700$+ and Core i5u for 900$+.

I will stick with my surface pro 2 until pro 5 with Skylake. :D

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
At least you were nice enough to put rumor in the thread title.
People should know that this is RUMOR, not real/final production.

So far severely disappointed in the new Intel Core M processors. The first group were aimed solely at battery life and have inferior performance to the i5 and i7 processors. Hopefully the next group of Broadwell processors will focus more on power. I love having the power of a desktop PC in a Surface body.
Yeah, the Intel Core M doesn't do well when playing games, due to no fan required...

2 version of surface pro 4 should be Core M5 for 700$+ and Core i5u for 900$+.
I will stick with my surface pro 2 until pro 5 with Skylake. :D
you should buy Surface Pro 3 next years Christmas, would have more discounts :D
Also, it is a RUMOR, we still don't know if it is true

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I wish there would be something in the 11 inch range from the Surface line.

I have a Dell Venue 11 Pro, and love its size, but I find the Surface Pro 3 to be a bit too big for me when it's just used as a tablet.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Would be kind of a turnoff for me. I don't want a worse CPU and I don't think I'd have any use for a tablet of that size. SP3 is great, but the size is already pushing it for the tablet usage, it still works good, but any more size is pushing it.

That said, I wouldn't be in the market for a new one until SP5 since I just got an SP3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa