Surface smart cover NOT touch or type, just magnetic cover.

anon(5347957)

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a surface smart cover that attaches itself like a touch or type cover but doesn't have the keyboard. Just a plain cover. If yes where can I find it, if not why hasn't anyone thought of it?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
So many people have asked this, and unfortunately, no.

However, because so many are clamoring for it, I'll add it to my list of questions for Panos Panay when I got to see him at my local Microsoft Store this Thursday.

But for now, your best bet is to find a cheap Touch or Type Cover, perhaps on eBay, as others have suggested. Besides, the Touch and Type Covers are both very nice accessories, you might as well treat yourself, if you can afford it. After all, half the point of a Surface is the awesome Covers (and that's why it's ridiculous Microsoft doesn't bundle them, really missing the boat on that one).

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have been mentioning this since last year. If I ever buy a Surface non pro I don't think I would need a keyboard but I would want something to protect the screen. Actually I could do without office. It would be nice if they would subtract $100 and remove office. If I needed to type a quick letter I could do it in the cloud.

Yes please ask Panos Panay about that and let us know about anything interesting. I was thinking of taking the T into Boston when Panos Panay is there but I don't like crowds that much so I will probably go in November before Thanksgiving.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
It doesn't have to be Microsoft, a third party could make one. Could be popular, I know I would buy one.
I doubt that Microsoft would make one. Their targeted use-case involves the keyboard cover. They don't want people to envision using the Surface WITHOUT a keyboard cover.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't have to be Microsoft, a third party could make one. Could be popular, I know I would buy one.

I agree...something in the $10-$15 range that used the snaps and covered the front AND back of the device, I could see that selling. But, I bet there is something against the patent laws if it snaps into their system and they'd have to pay MS part of it and it would knock it out of the cheap price range.

I'd say your best bet is to try to find a broken one...if it is broken someone might sell it for super cheap "for parts"

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I just need a cover for it, not looking to have the keyboard anytime soon. Currently, I own an iPad and all I do on it is surf the internet and read my comics. That's all the Surface 2 is going to be used for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers