Switched back to Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hate to say this, but i sold my Nokia Lumia 920 and switched back to Android.
The reason is the lack of original apps and the functionality of Android over WP8.
I know MS is coming with WP8.1 , but in my opinion its too late.
I loved the 920 for its camera, but the apps, come on, for example, last WA update was 10-1-2014 ? Come on the Android version gets updates so much sooner.

I used Android all the time i used a Smartphone, and i tried the switch to WPhone, at first i thought, well it is not a bad system, the camera is great and the build quality is good.
So i checked out the store for apps, well, some are there but most of them are 3rd party apps, which i totally understand cause the original developers wont make them for WP.

Maybe just maybe when WP gets a bigger market share, and the OS has more functionality i come back to WP.
But there is so much to do to make it a OS for the greater audience, i never ever see any advertisement here on TV ( Holland )
No commercials, no newspaper ads, a lot of people here dont even know MS/Nokia make Windows phones.

Let me say this, the WP OS is good, but MS/Nokia really dont care about advertisements, so it will never be known or popular here.
And when its not popular, developers stay away.

Regards!

Great to know , you found your lost love. My quick pointers:

1) The App situation is pretty subjective. I own an Nexus and a 1520. I end up using 1520 for all my day to day use and never felt the paucity of apps. Again it is highly subjective , but I do feel the app gap talk is riding on a hype wave

2) About advertisement - It is a country issue. I am flooded with Nokia Lumia advertisements on TV , billboard etc. Awareness is an issue but it varies geographically. Trust MS to ramp up their marketing efforts

As I always say , you must use what suits you the best. So Good Luck !

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Why does everyone think that they need to announce it, every time they switch phone os? I have switched back and forth many times. Its just a phone. Do drama needed. Use what you like. No one cares if you switch. Make yourself happy. Life is short.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

And create a thread :) Good one !

CypherZ

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
And create a thread :) Good one !

I am trying to make a statement for MS to wake up and advertise, if they advertise in some countrys and leave some/alot of countrys behind how the h*ll will they ever sell more WP phones and get more % in sold WP phones ?
To me it looks they dont care at all.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Your complaining because WP last update was 6 weeks ago (14-1-2014)? I can assure you that Google doesn't send out system updates any sooner. You MAY get 2 updates a year if your lucky, and that's if your manufacturer pushes them to you phone. If your talking about Android APP updates, that's irrelevant.

Aa far as advertising, why does this matter? What practical good would selling more Lumias do for your user experience? WP is solidly in 3rd place with no realistic chance of catching Apple or Android.

If the reason is that is will bring more developers to make WP apps, I can count in one hand the number of desirable apps that aren't on WP yet. The App gap is simply a story the media pushes because their too lazy to think of other reasons not to use WP.

Curious too what you mean by "3rd party developer". Unless the app is written by Microsoft, Google, or Apple, everyone is a 3rd party developer.

Sorry to see you go. I've used all 3 , 4 counting webOS, and WP provides me the best overall experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix