Sync Luma 620 through Bluetooth

Brenzef

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I recently bought a Lumia 620 to discover WP8 and to see if the WP platform works for me.
Till now I'm impressed. It's tiles are so easy to use and everything works like a charm...
The lack of apps is there, but not an obstacle. The 620 is an absolute bargain... Value for money...

To retire my Nokia E72 two things must work.
Agenda and contact sync with Lotus Notes, and that is where the rubber meets the road.
I work for a large company where security rules are very VERY strict.
All mobile devices must be registered to be able to have company network access, meaning that a lot of security software will be installed.
I don't want all that. The only capabilities I require are agenda and contact sync with Lotus Notes.
Due to security guidelines I'm not allowed to sync through a third party.
Oh, and at this time only Android and iOS are supported.

It never is a problem with the E72 since I can use Bluetooth to sync data using Nokia PC Suite.
The option is not available for the Lumia (WP8)...

I have searched the WWW for a solution but did not find any.
Awesync (goes through third party)
Companionlink (goes through third party or DejaOffice) and is almost as expensive as the amount I payed for the Lumia 620
Other tools I have found use a third party to sync.

And since I basically rely on a sync mechanism that does not use the company network, only a cable or BT connection is an option.

Does anyone know of such a tool?
It's the only barrier of using this great WP device and move on (phone wise).

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to link your contacts & your calendar to a specific email? Then you can just straight up link the email to your phone & it will sync whenver you ask it to without BT.

Brenzef

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Lotus Notes is using its own database for e-mail, contacts and calendar. it does not have a internet format e-mail address by default. So I don't see how I could achieve that. You need to connect to the local Notes DB to be able to access its data, or use Notes traveler which my employer does not support. :devil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99