T Mobile Unlocking

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in giving Windows phone a try with 925 when it comes out, but only if I can get it unlocked as I travel overseas frequently (plus T Mobile coverage at my home is spotty at best). If I pay full price, will they unlock immediately. Or do I have to be a customer for a certain period of time.

I've seen some suggestions you have to be customer for 40 to 60 days before they unlock. Is this true even if you pay full price?

Thanks!

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

jahirsino1

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
This is the response I got from tmobile

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock Request. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. The account must meet the following criteria:

1. Account has been active for 60 days
2. Must have $50.01 or more in accumulative refills since activation
3. Must have 7 days of consistent usage of the IMEI being requested by mobile number requesting

Please submit a new SIM Unlock Request once the subscriber has met the Eligibility criteria

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This is the response I got from tmobile

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock Request. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. The account must meet the following criteria:

1. Account has been active for 60 days
2. Must have $50.01 or more in accumulative refills since activation
3. Must have 7 days of consistent usage of the IMEI being requested by mobile number requesting

Please submit a new SIM Unlock Request once the subscriber has met the Eligibility criteria

This is exactly how it worked out when I attempted to unlock my Lumia 521. When I got the 521 I put my active SIM card in it, so the account was active for +/- 1 year. However, T-Mobile still wouldn't give me the unlock code until the phone was in use for 7 days.

To the OP, they might make an exception for you if you tell them you're travelling overseas. Or you could see if a friend who uses T-Mobile will use your phone for a week to qualify it for unlocking.

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys for details. This would all be consistent with information from thread link from stmav.

Not sure I have any friends I trust enough to give a brand new 925 that I paid full price for to use for a week:smile:!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6