Tango 8773 and FirmWare 2103.12.05.04

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it Placebo effect but does anybody else notice this has well

Noticed that GPS features seem to be much faster, at least local maps and built in Turn by Turn Directions. I guess this is most likely because of Radio Firmware update and Tango.

Instead of being behind 3-5 seconds behind where you are at when driving. It is more like 1-2 secs now if not spot on. I drove across town yesterday and followed the route on the way to my Girlfriends house. Before it was always behind a few seconds, now seems to whole lot faster.

On the way back home I decided to change course midway and tap the screen, it corrected itself and gave me new directions. followed those for a while, then changed course once again, tap the screen, new directions.

Before the firmware update Gps and Turn by Turn had a hard time keeping up at 3g speeds, but, I have noticed an improvement for sure. Once again only 1-2 seconds behind where I was actually at , if not spot on at time has well.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I updated mine with the internet trick. I have a Samsung Focus Flash on Straight Talk. The only thing I had to do to get everything working again was to change the APN's again. No problems and things seem better. Battery life appears to be much improved and signal is a little more stable. I haven't tried the maps yet, but will this evening after work.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I miss out on Firmware Update itself, now What?... :(

Only way to get AT&T Focus Flash or Omina W Firmware Update is via Zune currently.

You can plug your phone into Zune and check for updates or try the trick that is posted in first post and see if that works else..

You will miss out on the Firmware Update if you use CAB Install Method. The Firmware Update for Focus Flash or Omina W has not been captured yet on XDA. So it has not been posted yet to add to CAB Install Method.

Updated first post with info

============

Battery Life today after 8 hours at work - 61%, 3g, 1-2 bars (indoors), 7 hours of Music non streaming..

I did have Samsung Now Secondary Tiles running but I removed them ate battery life up the other day..At end of 8 hours battery was at 40%..

Happy Fourth of July!!!

========

AT&T is rolling out Tango and Firmware Update across it Network

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
after the update I dont have Samsung Zone anymore. I need Wireless Manager to fix my apn settings again cause my data is not working after the update

Did you debrand your phone by the way ?

I have had the Samsung Zone disappear before, turn off, and turn back on the phone fixed it..

If not did you downloaded wireless manager or update it in the past. If so then it should be in your app purchase history in your live account. And you can reinstall it that way

Duct Tape Panties

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you debrand your phone by the way ?

I have had the Samsung Zone disappear before, turn off, and turn back on the phone fixed it..

If not did you downloaded wireless manager or update it in the past. If so then it should be in your app purchase history in your live account. And you can reinstall it that way

my phone is not debranded. I tried going to my purchased apps and reinstalling it from the web, but that didn't work. I just says app not found. It says that for all of the samsung apps like "Now" etc that I've downloaded in the past. I even clicked on a few HTC apps that I previously downloaded when I had my HTC HD7 just to see what would happen even though I knew they wouldn't install on a Samsung phone. Same thing "app not found". I must be honest though, I did do a factory reset this morning because I couldn't figure out to get rid of those letters in the app list. And prior to that I never checked to see if my data was working after I updated to Tango because I've been at home on wifi for a few days. You think maybe this has something to do forcing the Tango Update?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Still No Cab for Firmware Update for Focus Flash or Omina W posted yet on XDA.

You think maybe this has something to do forcing the Tango Update?

Not sure how you could loose the Samsung Zone

Did you Try doing it the same thing but with the phone via Wifi or Plugged into Computer since you have no data connection.

APN data got wiped out for me has well when I did the 8107 manual update, and when I got Tango via Zune it got wiped out again. I am not sure if this is something that everybody has to do. Or if Only the Flash Users with WireLess Manager Config's running that we have to rebuild the APN?

Once you get over 40 or 45 + apps installed then you get the Alphabet List for Apps, no way to prevent it, but, with Tango 8773 they fixed the bug where if you removed apps and got below that number the alphabet list will disappear.

==============

Another 8 hour day of work, battery 58% once again. Battery life has been improved with both the Tango Update and Firmware Update for Sure..Almost a Week Now since I have had the update's installed and overall cell reception, performance, gps, battery life all have improved.

Tried this last night - Offline GPS Turn by Turn. Set Direction's to Girlfriend house and then turned off cell data. And started my drive. The GPS kept up and Turn by Turn still worked has long has I did not change the direction's that the phone was expecting..Miss One turn and it want's new direction's and require's a data connection to get them. Thought I would mention that..

Duct Tape Panties

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Still No Cab for Firmware Update for Focus Flash or Omina W posted yet on XDA.

Not sure how you could loose the Samsung Zone

Did you Try doing it the same thing but with the phone via Wifi or Plugged into Computer since you have no data connection.

APN data got wiped out for me has well when I did the 8107 manual update, and when I got Tango via Zune it got wiped out again. I am not sure if this is something that everybody has to do. Or if Only the Flash Users with WireLess Manager Config's running that we have to rebuild the APN?

Once you get over 40 or 45 + apps installed then you get the Alphabet List for Apps, no way to prevent it, but, with Tango 8773 they fixed the bug where if you removed apps and got below that number the alphabet list will disappear.

==============

Another 8 hour day of work, battery 58% once again. Battery life has been improved with both the Tango Update and Firmware Update for Sure..Almost a Week Now since I have had the update's installed and overall cell reception, performance, gps, battery life all have improved.

Tried this last night - Offline GPS Turn by Turn. Set Direction's to Girlfriend house and then turned off cell data. And started my drive. The GPS kept up and Turn by Turn still worked has long has I did not change the direction's that the phone was expecting..Miss One turn and it want's new direction's and require's a data connection to get them. Thought I would mention that..
when i restored my 7720 backup, Samsung Zone is there, but not the AT&T hub. so i did a factory reset while still on 7720 so I could start from scratch and now the AT&T hub is there, but not Samsung Zone. It seems like the only way to keep Samsung Zone on my phone (which i need because I need Wireless Manager) is to not do a factory reset on neither 7720 or 8773 and just live with the letters in my app list. They won't go away no matter how many apps I delete. i just can't win

RenatoFontes

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Mmmm I have the same problem of the "hacked" xml file...
I can't update after doing that, the problem here is that I need to have my phone hacked to be able to use tethering since I'm not using at&t...

o_O

Anyway, the only update I'm missing is the firmware update, the radio software and the bootloader are already in their last version

Do you guys think it would make a lot of difference to install the last firmware update or not?

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I can't update after doing that, the problem here is that I need to have my phone hacked to be able to use tethering since I'm not using at&t...

I saw your post on XDA hopefully they can answer better than me.

But I will repost the info for Us Flash and Omina W users has to why you lost your tethering after tango update..

Source XDA

WARNING!! The Tango update restores the Microsoft server URL's for checking unlock status! This means, that if you unlocked your phone, using an ALTERNATIVE method, like the OLD chevron tool, Interop Unlock by Heathcliff74, or WindowBreak, your phone will relock itself!! - UPDATE: Snickler, Jaxbot and me have figured out a possible work-around for the Tango-relock. Jaxbot has written a guide for it.

Possible Solution and Fix

If you have already upgraded to Tango, then you would need to restore back to previous version 8107 or eariler and follow what is listed above at WindowsPhoneHackers!!

i find that battery life sucks after tango update on omnia w:mad:

check your background apps,
How is your signal and connect via 3g, HSPA, etc? after the firmware update
give it a day or two.

Like I said mine seemed worse initially but after a day it really changed, maybe yours will be the same way?

I had a real crappy battery day the other day like 38% after normal routine at work, but, the next day things where back to normal at 55%.

WPCentral was a little more active but that is only thing running in background for me toast notifaction, beside email checking, text's..etc..

And without cellular data turned on 80% after 8 hours of music..

gaurav.231089

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Reverted back to 8107 after week on 8773....battery life didn't improved....i guess this problem is only faced by Omnia w users due to firmware update...as reported by users on xda...so reverted and moreover this update doesn't bring much new mms I don't use...

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Reverted back to 8107 after week on 8773....battery life didn't improved....i guess this problem is only faced by Omnia w users due to firmware update...as reported by users on xda...so reverted and moreover this update doesn't bring much new mms I don't use...

The past two days my battery life has been well below crappy, yesterday, I was off from work. So I just left the phone on with cellular data turned on from 7am to 2pm, much like I would at work. But no music and by 10am battery was already down to 55% at 2-3 bars.

And today pretty much the same has well..by 10am this moring battery was at 50% and no music, just cell data turned on, only wpcentral running in background. email checking, text message a few,

AT&T Data Reception in my Area has not been great has of late Only a few spots in Town do we actually get HSPA, else 3g with. I done some various test with my friend's Iphone 4g on AT&T Account with 3g/HSPA get the slighty better speeds than me at 3g only, 1500kb versus 1200kb on Net10/StraightTalk for me. But my phone was much faster at processing the data of course and returned results faster with dslreports/speedtest mobile browser test than iphone.

So I decided to run a test and see if firmware may be the cause of battery draining..

So have rolled back and been able to successfully restore back to 8107 with Firmware

OS Version 7.10.8107.79
Firmware 2103.11.10.1
Hardware Revision 23.1.0.8
Radio Software 2103.12.5.4
Radio Hardware 0.0.0.6
Bootloader 6.5.17.0
Chip SOC 0.74.21

Recharging battery now..And already Phone stating update is avialable.

I going to test it for few days on 8107 and orig firmware, then update to tango but no firmware update, and see how things go. And try to determine if firmware update is cause or something in tango..

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
hmm..diagnosis show antenna voltage is higher on firmware 2103.11.10.1 at 4.080v,
with 2103.12.05.04 antenna voltage is at 3.850v..

Can somebody check their antenna setting's that have firmware update installed..

Dial ##634#
Diagnosis Application should get installed if you do not already have it installed

Type in *#197328640#, do not play around with anything I know trust me..

Choose 1 - Debug
Choose 9 - Antenna/ADC
What does Voltage Read at the bottom?

choose end to close diag's

dtresca

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm still stuck at 7220. I just purchased the phone this week (AT&T) and I'm having one heck of a time trying to connect to Zune on my W7 laptop. However, I can connect fine on my Mac using the Windows Phone 7 connector. Ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte