Text to voice?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I know that there is great Voice to Text in Mango, I use it all the time to send texts when I don't feel like typing. But I can't figure a way to use Text to Voice. The main example is I would like my phone to read me texts while I am driving. I used to have a MyTouch 4g and it had a "car mode" where it would automatically read you texts, ask if you want to respond, read back your response to you to make sure it was correct (enough), and ask if you would like to send. This is the number one thing I miss about that phone! Is there any way to get my HD7 to do any of this, even if it can't do all of it?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I just figured it out. I have been not seeing the section labeled "Speech" in the settings. Changed it to read texts over blue tooth or wired headsets, since I use a wire into a tapedeck in the car (the phone thinks its a headset). Very excited about this!

Mateosmith

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I know u resolved your own issue lol, but I wish the text to voice was better, tellme doesnt work as good as siri, I have to keep texts short and brief and simple if im gna use this feature :(

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I know u resolved your own issue lol, but I wish the text to voice was better, tellme doesnt work as good as siri, I have to keep texts short and brief and simple if im gna use this feature :(

I have found it to be pretty accurate, even in somewhat noisy environments. I haven't used Siri, so I can't make a comparison, but I would say I only have to re-say my command/text/whatever maybe one in every 8 or 10 times, which is impressively accurate in my book.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

I think you hit it on the head there. It's not a dictation machine, nor a way to write your next novel. I really think it's only for quick responses.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to have it type out multiple sentences? Ive yet to figure that out.

A text is limited in characters for a reason. If you have multiple points to make, try giving them a call. Although I am a huge fan of using all 160 characters.

I believe multiple sentence structure will come with the Voice to Email also...just by what I've read.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been using a pretty old Bluetooth and find TellMe to be hit and miss a times when composing messages. Sometimes to the point of frustration. I think I may just need to try it on a newer Bluetooth. What has everyone's experience been? Are you using newer BT Headsets or older?

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124