Texting Issue: Contact Number Changed

BrendonW

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
This morning I text my wife and shortly after I get a few texts from my provider saying I'll be charged for using text-to-landline. I look at her text window thing and I see the selected number has changed to her workplace from her cell. I tried to change it, but the only two options were her two work lines and the cell is not listed. I deleted her work numbers from her profile, but that didn't help. All I could do was select text message from her contact info using the cell number and start a new text window.

I understand there will be issues with things locking up, etc, requiring reboot, but this is the first fail that has annoyed me. The $1 charge isn't a big deal, but the fact that I sent a message regarding her pending promotion to her workplace (doh!) annoys me.

Anything similar happen to anyone else? Now I have to go through my text messages to make sure nobody else's number has changed.

EDIT: Just realized it created a second profile and I had to merge them for it to work. Weird. Oh and I'm using the 950XL.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
This morning I text my wife and shortly after I get a few texts from my provider saying I'll be charged for using text-to-landline. I look at her text window thing and I see the selected number has changed to her workplace from her cell. I tried to change it, but the only two options were her two work lines and the cell is not listed. I deleted her work numbers from her profile, but that didn't help. All I could do was select text message from her contact info using the cell number and start a new text window.

I understand there will be issues with things locking up, etc, requiring reboot, but this is the first fail that has annoyed me. The $1 charge isn't a big deal, but the fact that I sent a message regarding her pending promotion to her workplace (doh!) annoys me.

Anything similar happen to anyone else? Now I have to go through my text messages to make sure nobody else's number has changed.

EDIT: Just realized it created a second profile and I had to merge them for it to work. Weird. Oh and I'm using the 950XL.

Are sure, you aren't running low on caffeine :winktongue: and created the second profile whilst half asleep.... :evil:

Joking aside, I recall a few instances where my numbers changed from 0 to including +44 (which is the UK dialing code) on a preview build on my L920. But that was awhile back and it was fast ring build so bugs galore and therefore I didn't think too much of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss