The 950 XL & MOZO cases.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
So far i have purchased THREE Mozo cases for my 950 XL. The blue one, light oak, and brown leather. They are amazing replacement backs and are worth every penny in my opinion. High quality materials with attention to detail. If you are on the fence of getting one, i highly recommend it.

ClGkCegVEAAexhS.jpg ClGkDOiUoAA89at.jpg ClGkFPNUgAAOEjz.jpg

The only issue i have with them is the power button. Now when i got the first brown leather case the power button was much harder to press than the original case which i did not like but wasnt that big of an issue. I thought this would be resolved with the new line up of cases but to my dismay, they got worse. Now the power button is almost flat against the side of the phone, has no satisfying click, and a lot more effort is required to depress the button. I don't know if there is some jerry rig fix for this but id love to know. Fortunately DTTW is now rolling out in certain countries and it won't be long before it's wide availability. This will almost wipe out this problem of the power button because id use it as a full replacement. By habit i always double tap my 640 to wake up and it's a really welcomed featured.

Love to hear your thoughts on this particular problem, have you experienced any issues and if so do you have a fix?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
wow someone likes to throw away their money LOL :winktongue: but seriously I don't find they're are worth the money asking for them... nonetheless they are attractive cases and I would like to get one, one of these days... but to fix the problem you're having I have read some people to put a tiny piece of taping to fix that

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
With the DTTW enabled in the latest firmware, this should not be an issue anymore, as the power button will be hardly used :)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the Dark Walnut and love it, except the soft touch, while awesome... rubs off quite quickly on hot summer days in your pocket! I pretty much started seeing it rub off on day 1. It's now been 10 days for the below picture which shows the worse area... other parts you see it cracked and will rub off. At least it's black underneath I guess!

I'm sad about it but still ok with the case and would recommend but only if you're ok with the soft touch rubbing off. The real wood is awesome though!

For the power buttons, I found that cutting a tiny sliver of post it note the size of the button on the phone, 4x layers thick and 2x layers on the camera button, sticky side on the phone side makes the buttons feel so much better.

dark oak rubbing.JPG

The better days (Day one ;)

dark walnut2.JPGdark walnut1.JPG

decker5

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Mozo cases are very beautiful

do they offer protection for front/back camera? I have read review telling they are just a back cover replacement, with no additional protection (which is for me essential)

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I like the case, but the center power button attachment to the internal side wall of the case detached, so the power button is indented on the upper side where the detachment occurred. I paid $50USD for this case and this is very poor quality.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Mozo cases are very beautiful

do they offer protection for front/back camera? I have read review telling they are just a back cover replacement, with no additional protection (which is for me essential)

They are a back cover replacement... and maybe slightly more durable that stock.... but if you're worried about edges and corners of screens, you'll need to add something to wrap around.... or maybe someone will make a full replacement with a huge bumper.

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
They are a back cover replacement... and maybe slightly more durable that stock.... but if you're worried about edges and corners of screens, you'll need to add something to wrap around.... or maybe someone will make a full replacement with a huge bumper.
Actually there are models of the cases that are wrap around and not back cover replacements.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I have the Dark Walnut and love it, except the soft touch, while awesome... rubs off quite quickly on hot summer days in your pocket! I pretty much started seeing it rub off on day 1. It's now been 10 days for the below picture which shows the worse area... other parts you see it cracked and will rub off. At least it's black underneath I guess!

I'm sad about it but still ok with the case and would recommend but only if you're ok with the soft touch rubbing off. The real wood is awesome though!

For the power buttons, I found that cutting a tiny sliver of post it note the size of the button on the phone, 4x layers thick and 2x layers on the camera button, sticky side on the phone side makes the buttons feel so much better.

View attachment 128420

The better days (Day one ;)

View attachment 128421View attachment 128422

You are my hero.

I can't thank you enough for this advice. I added three strips of (thick) quick note paper (not sticky) and it works 100%. It pushes the button out to normal expected distance AND it actually clicks now and is easy to press! omg this is great. It's a bit ghetto but who cares because you can't see it so who cares!

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You are my hero.

I can't thank you enough for this advice. I added three strips of (thick) quick note paper (not sticky) and it works 100%. It pushes the button out to normal expected distance AND it actually clicks now and is easy to press! omg this is great. It's a bit ghetto but who cares because you can't see it so who cares!

Glad it worked out for you, I can't take credit as I saw it mentioned in forums here and Dan Rubino!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786