The best NAS to buy on a budget

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Network-attached storage (NAS) enclosures are fantastic for use as a server at home or in the office. They can be used as a media server, file storage hub, or the center of your home security. Choosing the best NAS can become really expensive. It is possible to spend less without sacrificing too much on functionality and performance. I've rounded up some of the best budget NAS enclosures right here.
[h=3]Best cheap NAS[/h][h=4]TerraMaster F2-423[/h]
terramaster-f2-210-nas.jpg

Staff pick

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

ad47uk

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a Terramaster F4-210, now that is a budget model, more or less the bottom of their NAS range, the only one that is lower is the f2-210. You get a lot of hardware for your money compared to other brands, sure the CPU is ARM and the meory is only 1GB, but for network storage it is fine.
i am, not saying it is perfect, because of the memory and cPU, it is not going to be as fast as those with a x86 CPU and more memory. The applications could certainly be better, hopefully they will get better.
TOS which is the OS for it is ok, it does the job, but in the U.K this unit is £189 for ARM Quad-Core 1.4GHz CPU
1GB RAM, Gigabit Ethernet Port,4-Bay NAS,

The closest one Synology has is the 2 bay DiskStation DS220j, more or less the same CPU io think, but only 512MB of ram.

You still have to buy drives for these units, which is where the prices do rise a bit,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb