The Best Windows Phone You Can Buy

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Is this thread the best Windows Phone or the best Lumia? A token mention of the Ativ SE and nothing else. The SE is indeed a Verizon exclusive but it's also a GSM phone for the rest of the world. Gorgeous 5" AMOLED screen, 2 gigs of RAM, 13MP shooter, expandable storage, removable battery. What else do you need?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Is this thread the best Windows Phone or the best Lumia? A token mention of the Ativ SE and nothing else. The SE is indeed a Verizon exclusive but it's also a GSM phone for the rest of the world. Gorgeous 5" AMOLED screen, 2 gigs of RAM, 13MP shooter, expandable storage, removable battery. What else do you need?

Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1. :p

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Software is part of what makes a phone great and the OP did mention the Ativ SE and said that you should get this phone if you fancy being on Windows Phone 8, and not 8.1

I did say he mentioned the SE. It was a token shout-out and he made it sound like being on Verizon was a bad thing. Funny thing is that there was no such mention of Verizon when he wrote about the Icon just before the SE. I don't recall seeing any references to software other than a passing mention of Glance concerning one of the models. It is obvious that the intent of the OP was to discuss hardware, not software.

"The qualities I have chosen for this post are value for money, camera quality, storage capacity and battery life as well as OEM support."

This is how internet flame wars start.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, the 930 is the Icon and is widely available unless you're in America. Living in England, the HTC one M8 and Ativ SE can bake cookies and fart diamonds for all I care. In general, the software for all the devices should be the same aside from the SE which does not play well with the dev preview.
OEM support also relates to the SE which is an abandoned stepchild tbh

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The answer to your question, guaranteed support. Also the SE doesn't play nice with UK LTE bands. The HTC One M8 was mentioned as well and I cannot think of any other WP worth consideration

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

polycarbonate body :p and Lumia exclusive apps

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
To be fair, the 930 is the Icon and is widely available unless you're in America. Living in England, the HTC one M8 and Ativ SE can bake cookies and fart diamonds for all I care. In general, the software for all the devices should be the same aside from the SE which does not play well with the dev preview.
OEM support also relates to the SE which is an abandoned stepchild tbh

plus 930's lack of sd card and glance is a big mistake imho

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The answer to your question, guaranteed support. Also the SE doesn't play nice with UK LTE bands. The HTC One M8 was mentioned as well and I cannot think of any other WP worth consideration

actually none of the carrier phones of other countries play nice with other country bands even on 3G and 2G

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh I get it. Samsung releases International models that have no LTE capabilities and it's ok with the Android crowd but WP releases GSM HSPA world phones on Verizon and now it's a big deal. The 520, 620 or 720 never had LTE and that's also ok. Sorry guys, I ain't buying it. There are still people out there getting EDGE speeds because they won't ditch their current provider yet I'm supposed to believe that unless a device has LTE on THEIR particular provider it's useless? Uh, no.

This argument can go bake cookies or fart diamonds too, and **** lemonade to wash it all down.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh I get it. Samsung releases International models that have no LTE capabilities and it's ok with the Android crowd but WP releases GSM HSPA world phones on Verizon and now it's a big deal. The 520, 620 or 720 never had LTE and that's also ok. Sorry guys, I ain't buying it. There are still people out there getting EDGE speeds because they won't ditch their current provider yet I'm supposed to believe that unless a device has LTE on THEIR particular provider it's useless? Uh, no.

This argument can go bake cookies or fart diamonds too, and **** lemonade to wash it all down.

The 620/720/520 would not be ?500 either

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo