The biggest strategic mistake of Xbox's Phil Spencer era is not talked about enough

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

MyNameIsKoren

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
I'm interested you bring up how popular these games are for the younger audience, specifically because games that are being made with interest from the older audience are often slapped with "made for a modern audience". You would think that "modern audience" would be the younger demographic, maybe the ones playing gatcha games or whatever.

Also I think it's fitting that Microsoft shot themselves in the foot and left this money on the table. It fits perfectly with their marketing strategy of running several sweepstakes for SE consoles and controllers that they flat-out don't let customers buy. Their limited marketing strategy that is, as we know their marketing lead recently cried about not really having any budget to work with.

They really aren't trying, this gen. And arguably, they really haven't been trying since the Series' release, if not earlier. I cannot imagine losing out on so many money-making efforts like this. And for what? I've never once seen somebody stand up and announce that they've actually won one of the sweepstakes. Not once. Maybe it's happened, but it's not doing them any favors. The sweepstake consoles just get people talking for a few days, griping about how many people want to buy them but can't... And then they're forgotten about. Didn't they used to sell specialty 360 and XB1 consoles?? Why stop what works just to give up extra revenue??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler