The End of Console Wars?

Norris Rochelle

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure you've all heard the news that Microsoft firmly supports the idea of making Xbox One and PC games compatible with other gaming networks. To make things simple and sweet, Xbox gamers would be able to go against Playstation gamers as long as the developers support the idea. That idea alone opens many doors for companies. Personally, I could see Nintendo releasing games on other consoles just because of this which would bring in a large amount of revenue and competition. Of course everything has its benefits but there are also negative effects that come with this idea. Playstation and Xbox have suffered severe outages in 2015 meaning this could affect users playing online. How do you feel about this? Are you with this idea or against it?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
How will this end the console era? In fact this strengthens every platform if you ask me.. No longer do you have to switch to a different platform, because 4 out of 5 friends have a PS instead of Xbox or PC..

This gives you the option to keep what you have and still be able to enjoy playing together :grin:

Of course as with anything there could be drawbacks

Norris Rochelle

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
How will this end the console era? In fact this strengthens every platform if you ask me.. No longer do you have to switch to a different platform, because 4 out of 5 friends have a PS instead of Xbox or PC..

This gives you the option to keep what you have and still be able to enjoy playing together :grin:

Of course as with anything there could be drawbacks
Lol I said it was the end of console wars by the way :wink: I completely agree that it would strengthen platforms rather than hindering them. Good comment.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol I said it was the end of console wars by the way :wink: I completely agree that it would strengthen platforms rather than hindering them. Good comment.

Ahaha thanks for the correction :D but still it prolly won't tho. We will still have some exclusive titles and the cross-platform gaming will only be experienced online. So for those who just want to game and enjoy the adventure or season (sports), it will still be a conundrum. So every platform will still try to outsell the other with bundled deals or sth like that

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
As long as their are multiple companies releasing consoles, there is no end to console wars. Each brand will want people to buy their console and will create games and features to convince people to buy them. Sharing a network with all platforms doesnt change that, it just changes the community. Companies will still want people to buy their consoles and their games, MS wanting cross network with other consoles doesnt change the fact they want you to buy their console and rather have you buy an xbox instead of a ps4. Even if eliminates the factor of "most of my friends have x console", ill buy that version. So simply, as long as nintendo/sony/ms releases consoles, there is a console war.

There is always will be fanboyism as well, console war lives on until there is only one left.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Norris Rochelle
I'm sure you've all heard the news that Microsoft firmly supports the idea of making Xbox One and PC games compatible with other gaming networks. To make things simple and sweet, Xbox gamers would be able to go against Playstation gamers as long as the developers support the idea. That idea alone opens many doors for companies. Personally, I could see Nintendo releasing games on other consoles just because of this which would bring in a large amount of revenue and competition. Of course everything has its benefits but there are also negative effects that come with this idea. Playstation and Xbox have suffered severe outages in 2015 meaning this could affect users playing online. How do you feel about this? Are you with this idea or against it?

I like the idea personally, but Sony won't ever allow it.

As Sony are ahead in sales, cross-network play would eliminate the powerful purchase argument PS4 currently has which is "my friends have it, so I'll buy it too" - if you can play with your friends from an Xbox One, one of the main reasons people buy a PS4 will be eliminated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99