The iPhone 6 Rumoured Quad HD display

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Considering that the iPhone 5 was a non-update (if any other OEM released an update like the iPhone 5, they would have been the laughing stock of the world), I can imagine that Apple will finally unveil dramatic changes on the iPhone 6. Apple probably knows that they got lucky to survive with the 5 because people will buy it like crazy none the less, but that it would be dangerous to play chicken and unveil the iPhone 6 as the (iPhone 5 + NFC & 720p) in case people finally wake up from the "distortion field".

Maybe Apple will finally pull out all the stops from a technological standpoint and really raise the bar in order to solidify their market share. At least, we should be seeing NFC and real HD screens instead of the illusion of "retina display".

One thing is for sure, if we don't see a large screen iPhone, I will be in disbelief, but Apple will probably sell tens of millions instantly anyway. The iPhone is still held as some kind of status symbol, and the general public is uneducated about (superior) alternatives.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Considering that the iPhone 5 was a non-update (if any other OEM released an update like the iPhone 5, they would have been the laughing stock of the world), I can imagine that Apple will finally unveil dramatic changes on the iPhone 6. Apple probably knows that they got lucky to survive with the 5 because people will buy it like crazy none the less, but that it would be dangerous to play chicken and unveil the iPhone 6 as the (iPhone 5 + NFC & 720p) in case people finally wake up from the "distortion field".

Maybe Apple will finally pull out all the stops from a technological standpoint and really raise the bar in order to solidify their market share. At least, we should be seeing NFC and real HD screens instead of the illusion of "retina display".

One thing is for sure, if we don't see a large screen iPhone, I will be in disbelief, but Apple will probably sell tens of millions instantly anyway. The iPhone is still held as some kind of status symbol, and the general public is uneducated about (superior) alternatives.
I sense iphone envy in the air..

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I sense iphone envy in the air..

Dude, I hope that isn't directed at me. I've never owned an iPhone, and I love live tiles and metro / modern design, and wouldn't trade it for anything that the competition is offering.

That was simply my expectation of what Apple will do. Unbiased, I'd like to think.

If envy is related to my comment about the iPhone as a status symbol and/or selling like crazy, again, that's just fact. I don't envy it. Good for Apple, I'm not anti-Apple, I do like the iPhone. If it weren't for WP, I'd be using iPhone.

Last edited:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Can't think of a single reason I'd want that resolution on a phone.
Other than perhaps as a handwarmer as the battery depletes at a vast rate.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Can't think of a single reason I'd want that resolution on a phone.
Other than perhaps as a handwarmer as the battery depletes at a vast rate.

Pretty much my feelings. It's hard enough to tell the difference between my 920 and 930, but there are several factors.. Pixels per inch, viewing distance etc. I dont mind quad HD screens one day becoming the norm, but that's when they've become a lot more energy efficient and cheaper. For now I feel even full HD screen is a bit overkill, but I guess for 5"+ devices I can barely understand it :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963