The NEXT Windows Phone

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it was the iPhone. Fair while ago, but the point still makes sense IMO.
To Microsoft's good fortune, I'd say it was the iPad. There would be no Surface without it. Microsoft's OEM partners were still banging away slates like the Motion Computing one I'm typing this on right now. I love it, it's my workhorse, but it's heav-yyyyyyy as hell.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
To Microsoft's good fortune, I'd say it was the iPad. There would be no Surface without it. Microsoft's OEM partners were still banging away slates like the Motion Computing one I'm typing this on right now. I love it, it's my workhorse, but it's heav-yyyyyyy as hell.
I remember playing with a Motion Computing tablet, years ago that we got to evaluate. it used a special pen ie no touch input like today so was a bit tedious to use. Needless to say it soon got abandoned. Battery life was pretty poor on it too if I remember. I am sure they've improved immensely in the years since though.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I remember playing with a Motion Computing tablet, years ago that we got to evaluate. it used a special pen ie no touch input like today so was a bit tedious to use. Needless to say it soon got abandoned. Battery life was pretty poor on it too if I remember. I am sure they've improved immensely in the years since though.
Battery life still stinks (I've got 2 battery bays!!) and my favorite part is the Wacom digitizer. I can rest my palm on it while I jot notes or just use the pen for navigation. I have the attachable keyboard with trackpad for longer write-ups like this though.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
The next Windows Phone will probably come from HP. I expect all of the Windows Phones coming in 2017 to come from 3rd parties. When exactly? It's so hard to say.

Bigsro

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Blatant lack of information regarding the future of Windows Phone/Mobile coupled with a lot of apps being discontinued etc just makes me think the end is nigh.

I've been seriously thinking of moving to Android just for the ecosystem andthe fact that MS are showing iOS and Android lots of love with their own services. I love the Windows mobile interface but I think it might be time for me to move on. I'm sure I'll be back if the mythical Surface phone appears!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Afileexplorer