The old Win10 update broke mics 3 & 4, with a twist

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I bought a second hand L930 last night, for about $80. It came with 14393.67 and had all 4 mics working properly.

However, there were some issues with WDRT not being able to finish the restore process, updates failing then a lovely BitLocker screen.

Fixed it by flashing a .ffu image using Image Designer. Then I noticed I had flashed an older firmware version so I downloaded what appeared to be the latest (15235.40008) and flashed again.

Thing is, now microphones 3 & 4 are dead, even on Denim. Still have a little hope hoping updating to AU will get the mics working again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Any input on this?

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
For now I'll see how it does on AU, then RS2 (fast ring) and if I hope I can at least get sound in video recording, the ability to record voice notes and in-call speaker.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I suspect the only solutions would be flash back to W8 and see if the mics come back, then update to W10. If not, return to MS for a mic fix. If going back to W8 doesn't fix it then it must be linked to the hardware (as usual).