...then WP start screen becomes ugly

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Somehow I love the invention of start screen background in windows phone 8.1, but when the app doesn't support transparency it becomes very ugly.

Like I will love to use LinkedIn, Skype or twitter in the middle of the screen, then it breaks start screen from there.

MS should come up with some solution or better idea in next update, what say?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
MS hasn't worked this for Skype to do better with transparency!!!

You've forgotten that Skype and other bits within MS were working as independent companies and not as if they were one company. That's been 99% of the issues with MS apps on WP. This is supposed to be corrected soon. I hope.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. I don't use a background image mostly because of MS owned apps. I think it will come when all our apps are 8.1 ONLY written (so far they are 8.0 compiled most of the time, and we don't use the full potential of 8.1, including fast resume).

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Apart from this, MS should provide more colors rather than only white and black as main screen background ( it can be animated wallpaper as well, this will look as tiles are swimming on colourful water!!!)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Just so long as I don't need to use it and it doesn't drain my battery you're more than welcome to have that.

I don't use the background image as it is. I just don't see the need.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Just so long as I don't need to use it and it doesn't drain my battery you're more than welcome to have that.

I don't use the background image as it is. I just don't see the need.

I use custom backgrounds sometimes and other times just the default solid colours. It may not be necessary but its better to have the option to change it then not. Variation and change is great :D

corey_blackstock

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Apart from this, MS should provide more colors rather than only white and black as main screen background ( it can be animated wallpaper as well, this will look as tiles are swimming on colourful water!!!)

LOL.. Please no.. I don't want the beautiful, minimalist design of WP turning into Android mess.. More colors choices is welcoming but overall I think it fine this way.. No need for another background image on back side.. And even the live tiles, I actually like some of them as a solid color tiles rather than all transparent..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I use custom backgrounds sometimes and other times just the default solid colours. It may not be necessary but its better to have the option to change it then not. Variation and change is great :D

As my post stated. Just so long as it doesn't effect my battery life you can have whatever you want. Options, fine. I personally don't need them. I've become rather minimalist as I've gotten older. I know some people like the flashy bits but I just find it annoying.

Even the live tiles don't do much for me. I just want to do what I want. I don't really care for waiting watching things flip or animate. Takes too long some times.

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
LOL.. Please no.. I don't want the beautiful, minimalist design of WP turning into Android mess.. More colors choices is welcoming but overall I think it fine this way.. No need for another background image on back side.. And even the live tiles, I actually like some of them as a solid color tiles rather than all transparent..

May be i am thinking more than it should be but what i am telling is 'after some use of live tiles with background, we don't touch that settings quite often. So i just want more to play with start screen.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
As my post stated. Just so long as it doesn't effect my battery life you can have whatever you want. Options, fine. I personally don't need them. I've become rather minimalist as I've gotten older. I know some people like the flashy bits but I just find it annoying.

Even the live tiles don't do much for me. I just want to do what I want. I don't really care for waiting watching things flip or animate. Takes too long some times.

I agree. I like the fact others can do custom designs of their screen but I'm pretty basic. Once I get it set up I don't like to change things around.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Who would say no to having more options ? Just because people wont use all of them doesn't mean variation should be stagnant. Animated backgrounds would be awesome ! With live tiles as well...for me ;-)

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You've forgotten that Skype and other bits within MS were working as independent companies and not as if they were one company. That's been 99% of the issues with MS apps on WP. This is supposed to be corrected soon. I hope.

That would be an acceptable excuse IF things like Office and OneDrive - coming directly from core-Microsoft - would have transparent tiles. They don't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty