These ads are out of control

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is AWFUL. Completely ruins the forum experience. I understand the need for revenue for the site. But, in my opinion, this is way too far!

Attachments

• ads.png
    ads.png
    738.5 KB · Views: 12

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree as of recent. The site has never really worked well with IE, but this site will all these ads is completely bringing my IE11 on it's knees. No other site does that even if they'd have ads too but I don't know what the hell is happening here.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Feel the same way. I've been trying to visit a particular section in the forums, but loading all of the ads slows IE down so much that I have gotten a "not responding" notification three times in a row. Completely ruins the experience for me.

And it would be great if they would go in and change their advertisement keywords to attract more Windows Phone and Microsoft ads.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The actual forum has been compressed down to a smaller column. Navigating through pages is like moving through a minefield. One minute your mouse is hovering over a forum button, the next minute you're on the lag train towards an LG webpage.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
This is very, very bad. I don't mind ads. I've gotten used to ignoring them. But if you're going to dedicate 60% of the page width to advertising, do so as a percentage of screen and not fixed pixel-width. Here, I'm giving you 1920 x 1080 pixels of real estate, and you squish the content for which I visit the WPC site... Bad, very bad. Even worse are forum pages. I opened some where the two right ad columns appear, and by the time you factor in the column required for contributor information, the actual post is about 2 inches wide on a 19" wide (22" diag) monitor. EPIC FAIL.

WPCForum.png

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Completely agree. And to further expand on Nerdy Woman's post. Everything in red in this picture is non-static and will be moving & changing semi continuously. Furthermore, clicking anywhere in that red area will take you to an LG sales page. This is no better than having bots in the comment section telling you about how they made 20k/month doing this one weird trick.

ads3.jpg

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the LG saddlebags are down. Thank you, MobileNations. I promise, if I ever consider an Android phone, I'll look at LG. No ad required. I loved my LG Lotus messaging phone. The OS on the G3 is the dealbreaker. But again, thanks for hearing us.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I work on a work laptop in a corporate environment, so it's not appropriate for me to see these adverts (internet usage is also logged here so I really don't want to have anything inappropriate logged against me).

I use IE10 and have installed a TPL (tracking protection list) which has done a great job in stopping the adverts dead in their tracks.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Completely agree. And to further expand on Nerdy Woman's post. Everything in red in this picture is non-static and will be moving & changing semi continuously. Furthermore, clicking anywhere in that red area will take you to an LG sales page. This is no better than having bots in the comment section telling you about how they made 20k/month doing this one weird trick.

View attachment 72327

*Shudders* that reminds me of life hacker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss