Things are heating up Between Nokia and HTC. It's a good thing for us

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Oooh so I can download songs and listen to albums etc... I like that.

I just stopped downloading apps for Windows Phone because Third party apps are pretty much terrible.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Oooh so I can download songs and listen to albums etc... I like that.

I just stopped downloading apps for Windows Phone because Third party apps are pretty much terrible.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to quote everyone because that will be annoying.

By Half-bake I mean that it doesn't represent the best the company has out.

The 8X doesn't have a 4.7 screen like the One X, The 920 doesn't have a 41mm sensor like the 808.

The ATIV on the other hand is equally as good as the Galaxy 3, it represents samsungs best.

I'm not a girl, my avatar at one time was lady gaga but I was too lazy to start from scratch, so it's not a random blonde. Not that my gender should change anything.

Man. you don't need a 4.7 inch to make a flagship phone. HTC can if they want to but I think they'll rather wait at MWC 2012 or CES 2013

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I think Winterfang was just trying to get a reaction out of folks or he was kidding...right? These phone aren't half baked. And if you think they are, then you my friend are half baked. lol. Cmon now!!!! The only thing that could possibly be half bakes it the actual OS that we have yet to see or hear details about. Now if that WP8 OS is half baked then we have issues. But I don't think that will happen.
I think Winterfang is fully baked. It would explain a lot.

**Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express**

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a girl, my avatar at one time was lady gaga but I was too lazy to start from scratch, so it's not a random blonde. Not that my gender should change anything.

I didn't mean any offence...I just end up picturing people when I talk on threads or the phone. Your old avatar threw me off. HA.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Who said that?

Just kidding, man.

Regarding half-baked, if anything is half-baked, is the ATIV S's design :p

The Ativ S design is brilliant. Maybe a little too tall but it's okay.

The Lumia 920 and 8x both need to go on major diets relative to their screen size. I wouldn't call that half baked but they should have tried harder to make the handsets more compact IMO.

Last edited:

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to quote everyone because that will be annoying.

By Half-bake I mean that it doesn't represent the best the company has out.

The 8X doesn't have a 4.7 screen like the One X, The 920 doesn't have a 41mm sensor like the 808.

The ATIV on the other hand is equally as good as the Galaxy 3, it represents samsungs best.

Umm, since when does the size of the screen indicate its best? I prefer the smaller screen and smaller phone footprint that comes with it. The 8X to me is porridge that's just right.

Megapixels? Who bleeding cares? Just because something has a high megapixel sensor doesn't mean it's super high quality. A Nikon D7000 DSLR only has a 16.2 megapixel sensor. Should that disappoint me? The quality of the sensor means a lot as does the other electronics coupled with the software.

The 808 doesn't have the floating lens, does it? Guess only the megapixels count. The 920 has a great low light ability, but that doesn't count?

Beats mobile seems to sound pretty awesome for the HTC. The design is well thought out. It's super thin with the 8X, got a great screen, good camera, etc.

Frankly, HTC, Nokia, and Samsung all brought it. HTC, though, brought it from the ground up. With Android, these guys all have their own skins, etc so the phone design is a bit of an afterthought. But now they are all in the same place with the UI, so they can't depend on a skin over the OS.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Umm, since when does the size of the screen indicate its best? I prefer the smaller screen and smaller phone footprint that comes with it. The 8X to me is porridge that's just right.

Megapixels? Who bleeding cares? Just because something has a high megapixel sensor doesn't mean it's super high quality. A Nikon D7000 DSLR only has a 16.2 megapixel sensor. Should that disappoint me? The quality of the sensor means a lot as does the other electronics coupled with the software.

The 808 doesn't have the floating lens, does it? Guess only the megapixels count. The 920 has a great low light ability, but that doesn't count?

Beats mobile seems to sound pretty awesome for the HTC. The design is well thought out. It's super thin with the 8X, got a great screen, good camera, etc.

Frankly, HTC, Nokia, and Samsung all brought it. HTC, though, brought it from the ground up. With Android, these guys all have their own skins, etc so the phone design is a bit of an afterthought. But now they are all in the same place with the UI, so they can't depend on a skin over the OS.

That is the problem people seem to ignore. The HTC 8x really isn't as compact as the screen size tells you. It is actually effectively just as big as the HTC One X.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb