Thinking about a great bean bag chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
So I've got a nice small house, perfect size for me and the girlfriend. The problem is a I love the idea of hosting parties/bbqs/movie nights and I need seating room, however I don't have room for a whole bunch of chairs either in my living room or in the office for eventual storage during the remainder of the month. My first thought? Bean bag chairs!!

But not the crap you'd find at WalMart, I'm thinking of something a little nicer. I "know of" brands such as Sumo and Fatboy but I can't say that I am confident enough to pay that price tag. Does anyone have any experience with these brands or something similar that is high quality?

Last edited by a moderator:

JoelBennett

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I suppose it's a bit late to advise against it?

I had a roommate who had one. It was huge. It was a serious pain to move when he moved out. I can't remember what brand it was, though. I suspect it was a cheap one.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
They're pricy, no doubt. That's why I'm researching a bit before committing to an odd purchase. And honestly its a quirky desire of mine to play around on a bed of pillows, like the sultans. Bean bag chairs are a close approximation, however impractical they may be.

I'm certainly open to other ideas on temporary seating.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
While I am not sure any bean bag is worth that much, that is exactly how I outfitted our first apartment. Four bean bag chairs, a small table to hold up the smallest TV in the history of man. Throw in the third-hand table to eat off of, we were set!!

Loved those B.B. chairs. Fell asleep in them more then the bed we owned.

Come to think of it, maybe they are worth that much......:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4