This is why Windows Phone 8 / Xbox Music will never work (support chat included)

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
...why are so many of us excusing Microsoft for implementing what is a far from perfect system? ...they've stumbled badly with Xbox Music and those of us who pay should not let them off the hook (or any developer who releases things that clearly aren't ready for prime time. Its a bad habit that we, the buying public, have let too many companies get away with for too long.
Well said. I couldn't agree more.

profet

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I buy things after I research them thoroughly, as an informed consumer.

If you don't, that sucks for you.

As a developer I buy/am given devices so that I can jump into developing apps for the various mobile ecosystems. Sometimes I have to take a gamble on platforms that aren't tried and tested simply because there is an opportunity to beat out some of the larger development houses and make a buck.

The only way to become an informed consumer is to research using what is had been discovered/known by early adopters/developers/power users. If you don't want that material available and think everyone should wait until these things have matured then, "sucks for you."

My point is this; if Microsoft's own support personal can't figure out how to fix simple issues then that is a negative against the platform. It's hard enough trying to grab market share from iOS/Android/Blackberry without a long list of negatives. As a developer, as the list grows, the less likely I am to invest my time/money as it increases the likelihood that the platform is stillborn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria