This phone doesn't stand a chance!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
If I go to the Verizon website as of 9:36am Mountain, the 928 is still on the home page, the scrolling ad banner just gets to it as the 3rd choice.

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I called V and ordered my black one. Oddly I tried to order it from their site, paying in full. Everytime I filled out the info it automaticallly gave me a white one, so I called. I even got them to ship overnight for free, due to the many problems I had with my android phones. Honestly I try not to deal with the stores at all. Years ago they could help with most things, now they seem to know very little, except what they're told to push!

Last edited:

gveets

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I went in to check out the 928 at a Verizon Corporate store in the Chicago suburbs and had a great experience. The sales rep was very knowledgeable about the 928 and Windows Phone in general, and told me that he personally preferred it to any Android phone. He did advise me that the number of apps was a lot lower than with Android or Apple, but that he was able to find most of the apps he wanted. He told me that he was currently using an iPhone (I asked), but that he was getting a 928 in a few weeks. The store was out of stock on black but did have white.

I don't have a 928 yet, but hope to get one later this summer.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Deep inside Verizon, I'm sure they wish they could sell devices from just two companies, Samsung and Apple. They don't seem to care about any other smartphone manufacturer, and of all the major carriers, they have the worst lineup of devices. They seem to care more about their service and how to make more money from it, than they do about device variety (which I get- companies need to be profitable to expand and grow services; VZ probably does not make much money on the devices themselves). More devices equals more support headaches, which I understand.
Actually if VZW had their way, they wouldn't carry Samsung or Apple. They would sell Motorola, Nokia, and HTC and be done with it. Maybe Blackberry too .

Android in general gives them an unbelievable amount of support expense. Apple phones have the highest subsidies. Verizon wants BB10 and WP8 to succeed, but aren't willing to alienate customers to do it.

mahmoud bemjawad

Feb 16, 2019
Visit site
You got 1 in toronto. We have 0 in the entire of Australia :)
But at least this carrier is stepping up to fill that void :)

It's not just a one off thing either! They have 4 or 5 of them! One for each CBD (largest) store in each capital city.
Tencent Gaming Buddy TutuApp AppValley

Up here in my country , Selling Samsung devices gives these sale guys some commission , So they always try to push a galaxy.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss