Thoughts are things?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you believe on this concept? Or better yet do you understand this concept?

What is twitter, Facebook, Instagram?

What are your thoughts about that thoughts are things?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm ... interesting.
Remembering the old argument that things only exist if the mind manufactures it with a thought.

I've always thought of the global web as virtual, meaning it really doesn't exist so maybe it isn't a thing.
It does exist however because it makes us mad up to happy.

Is something only tangible if multiples of creatures can touch and feel it?
Do the experiences of a group of beings only exist because one mind created a thought about the group?

I have no direction to go here.
Weird stuff.
Great fodder for the enlightened intellectual crowd however.

Where am I?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm ... interesting.
Remembering the old argument that things only exist if the mind manufactures it with a thought.

I've always thought of the global web as virtual, meaning it really doesn't exist so maybe it isn't a thing.
It does exist however because it makes us mad up to happy.

Is something only tangible if multiples of creatures can touch and feel it?
Do the experiences of a group of beings only exist because one mind created a thought about the group?

I have no direction to go here.
Weird stuff.
Great fodder for the enlightened intellectual crowd however.

Where am I?

Where am I? Good question.

Is the web is all thoughts? Or rather if the thoughts on the web are things. What are we?

Therefore if the web is true. Then it is also true that every human brain is connected to every human brain.

Weird stuff indeed

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, this first demands the question: what is a thing? If by "thing" you mean something that can be touched then no. I think it's the same as hardware and software. But people think as long as I can't touch it it's not stealing (digital piracy). That's the reason why there are patents. We are used to the concept of possession. With those patents you have a piece of paper that kinda 'materializes' your idea and gives you a feeling of owning/touching it.

On a different point of view, I think if you materialize your idea (manufacturing it) you don't make it "real", it's an an idea anymore (just like when you paint something: it's not an idea anymore, it's a painting). The same thing goes for the web: you don't make it a thing, you just visualize it but it ist still nothing you can touch, so it's not just a plain idea anymore.

I hope my thoughts are understandable. It's 4:30am here^^

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Where am I? Good question.

Is the web is all thoughts? Or rather if the thoughts on the web are things. What are we?

Therefore if the web is true. Then it is also true that every human brain is connected to every human brain.

Weird stuff indeed

I have read recently that the reason the internet is so popular is because we as a species have always been connected.
We just weren't aware that we were.
When we speak or type to each other on the internet it seems natural and we become less aware of the distance between us.

This communication of course can be shared by many and we sort of get drawn in by the rockstar syndrome if we become an item.
For a certain few the global internet connection can also become a dangerous weapon to the mind if one is dismissed or tortured.

Based on the effects of an enhanced connection between individuals pure thought may just well be called a thing because it could possibly have some impact on others.
That is if others actually do exist outside and away from the keyboard I'm pounding on right now.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have read recently that the reason the internet is so popular is because we as a species have always been connected.
We just weren't aware that we were.
When we speak or type to each other on the internet it seems natural and we become less aware of the distance between us.

This communication of course can be shared by many and we sort of get drawn in by the rockstar syndrome if we become an item.
For a certain few the global internet connection can also become a dangerous weapon to the mind if one is dismissed or tortured.

Based on the effects of an enhanced connection between individuals pure thought may just well be called a thing because it could possibly have some impact on others.
That is if others actually do exist outside and away from the keyboard I'm pounding on right now.

Agree! This stuff is deep thoughts.

I believe that every human is connected because of the ether.
Technology has made this proof to me. Like you said we are hundreds and thousands of miles apart and yet we share the same thoughts. I agree pure thoughts are things. What we write on the internet remarkably has an affect on others.

For example: I can command an army to action through Twitter at work. I can arrange gathering with friends and family through Facebook. And I can show the world how I live through Instagram.

All this remarkably done through out thought. Amazing. Truly I must admit that thoughts are things.

What about text messaging?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99