thoughts on the 830

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
okay whats your thoughts on the 830 still trying to decide which to get 930 or 830.
I was leaning towards the 830 after reading a few more post about the 930,

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
okay whats your thoughts on the 830 still trying to decide which to get 930 or 830.
I was leaning towards the 830 after reading a few more post about the 930,

you get more or less double the specs in the 930 than the 830, except for battery life. So if the prices are nearly the same, get the 930

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would go 830.

It's a good size, has good/excellent battery life (replaceable) compared to the 930 and is otherwise "good enough" for me in terms of specs all around as well as having an LCD instead of AMOLED screen which I value more. microSD is also a plus.

Do know that issues are accentuated here so the 930 may seem more defective than it is, but if you want an excellent camera, it still beats out the 830 as well as having superior performance.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I like the Sd card also but if it back's up to one drive is that a deal breaker,I use it for storage.
I haven't found any other way to use it.

Last edited:

Genghis7777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Can't comment on the 930 but I've upgraded from a 520 a couple of months ago.

For perspective, I'm not a gamer nor much of an app user. My bank has a mobile responsive website so no need for an app. Once asked why someone wanted a banking app and they said to bank cheques. In NZ, I haven't received a cheque in years. Everything is by electronic transactions now.

Windows Mobile 10 works great. No "resuming" pauses. Everything works pretty well and animations are buttery smooth. I value a replaceable battery and a microSD slot so the 930 dropped out of the running for me earlier on.

Nice solid feel to construction but after I put a leather flip case on it, it's pretty big. Particularly noticeable when pocketing it in a pair of tight jeans. Really hard to get out of your front jeans pocket while driving. But that's probably due to the 5" screen and I'm used to a 4" screen.

Sprint51

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had the 830 since release. Nearly two years now and all is fine. I don't play lots of games bu use it as a phone, music player, to check email and surf the web. I have been happy. The only issue I have had is my email not syncing lately. I believe that is a setting issue and not the phones fault. I believe it is one of the best designed Lumia phones. I like having a removable battery and sd card. Go for the 830.

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had both, and the size difference is why I stay with the 830. If you plan on adding a (drop protective) case to the 930 it becomes an absolute brick, while the 830 is thin enough to make it easy pocketable with a thick case.

The speed gain on the 930 is easily noticed though, the camera is better as well, though battery life is worse.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
930 has the specs advantage, but with the 830 you get every 930 feature plus:

- Always on display (Glance Screen)
- Micro SD card support
- Exchangeable back covers

And if you're in the US, you also get the added advantage of LTE support on the 830.

I'm currently using a Note 7, but I haven't been able to part ways with my Lumia 830. Something about it... guess it's that Nokia charisma.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziyachater