Tip : Use Microsoft Office free without Office 365 on Window 10 PC

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
To use office apps for free on a Windows 10 PC, Just follow the following steps :

1) Open Store on Windows 10 PC
2) Search for "Powerpoint Mobile"
3) Click install

Repeat the above steps for Word and Excel.

Enjoy the mobile version of office apps for free on Windows 10 as they are universal apps. All the files will be saved to onedrive and you can download from there to your pc. Screenshot below.
Powerpoint mobile.PNG

Hope this helps

Ecm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The OP is correct -- for many casual users, the mobile versions are great. The rest of us have to pay...

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Dear Moderators,

There is a typo error in the thread title. I am not able to correct it. Please help to correct the spelling for Microsoft.

Thank you

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
What am I missing? These are all read-only, unless you subscribe to 365. No editing or saving, view only.

I am using it on my Windows 10 laptop and L1520 with WM10, without 365 subscription. Below is screenshot of Powerpoint mobile on my Windows 10 laptop and also prompting me to create a new presentation.
office mobile screenshot.PNG

Daniel B1

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
^ I could post a similar screenshot -- the problem is: when I click on "blank presentation" (or document, or spreadsheet), a message appears saying a 365 subscription is required in order to edit or save a document.

As expected, to be honest.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
These apps and Office online provide a way for people to use Office without paying for it, which is good. But if you use these programs often, you'll likely want to pay for the full version. It is effectively turning Office into a Freemium product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99