Tmobile basically buying ATT's contracts... wow

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Sounds very good for US customers, as long as the signal is good in your area. It's a shame that in the US you have so many of these carrier exclusives. Am I right in thinking that T-Mobile in the US are generally poor regarding WP? Just had a quick look on their US website and all I can see is the 925 as their top WP. They need to keep the 521 to get WP's numbers up, but I can't help thinking that they need a more recent flagship phone, either the 1020 or 1520. Or make sure that when Nokia release their next phone (or two), that T-Mobile is a carrier which has them.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Sounds very good for US customers, as long as the signal is good in your area. It's a shame that in the US you have so many of these carrier exclusives. Am I right in thinking that T-Mobile in the US are generally poor regarding WP? Just had a quick look on their US website and all I can see is the 925 as their top WP. They need to keep the 521 to get WP's numbers up, but I can't help thinking that they need a more recent flagship phone, either the 1020 or 1520. Or make sure that when Nokia release their next phone (or two), that T-Mobile is a carrier which has them.

I called T-Mobile and it is not that simple. You have to trade-in your contract associated phone at a deeply discounted price. For example,
[h=3]Apple iPhone 5S 16GB Gray - ATT - ME305LL/A[/h]trade-in value$282.00

$295.00 for verzion iphone 5s

T-Mobile is playing a small game. On top of that, you have to purchase a phone from T-Mobile.
I have an unlocked Lumia 1020 and my has a verizon iphone 5s (unlocked), both are not associated with our AT&T contract. We are not even eligible for this deal.... This is more a news grabber

Pazuzu195

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been mulling over this ever since I heard t-mobile was going to be doing this. The downside is I really want to keep my 1020, and a 925 seems like a downgrade. I'm not a photographer by any means, but I'm having a hard time justifying losing this amazing camera... anyone know another way to keep our device? Or is the 925 comparable to the 1020. I've been on att all year so I haven't been paying much attention to any other carrier's phones.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been mulling over this ever since I heard t-mobile was going to be doing this. The downside is I really want to keep my 1020, and a 925 seems like a downgrade. I'm not a photographer by any means, but I'm having a hard time justifying losing this amazing camera... anyone know another way to keep our device? Or is the 925 comparable to the 1020. I've been on att all year so I haven't been paying much attention to any other carrier's phones.

Wouldn't it be possible to switch your account's 1020 to a cheap AT&T smartphone, get the ETF paid for, buy the cheapest possible phone T-Mobile has in this promotion (or the 521 if available) and then switch the 1020 over?

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

I'd recommend waiting it out a little longer on Nokia power user they have a new rumor claiming that future Lumia flagships will launch on all carriers in the u.s. If the Microsoft deal goes through

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven