To the guy wanting to get a WP for his daughter

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The other thread was locked before I had a chance to reply but here is my experience with my teenaged daughter and smart phones.

A couple years ago we got her her first smart phone. It was a Samsung Focus Flash. A decent phone but not the "in" phone. It took her only a couple months and my sons girlfriend for her to obtain an iPhone. The girlfriend upgraded and gave my daughter her old iPhone. I was OK with this as I figured that she needed to learn the hard way. Sure enough, about 6 months later she was complaining about how much she hated the iPhone. The battery life was horrible, the charging cables were too flimsy and it was getting slow. My wife and I, in the mean time, had upgraded to Lumia 920s. When my daughter saw these she put the date in her calender when she was eligible for an upgrade. That day she went and got her own Lumia 920 and loves it. She has even converted numerous other kids at her school to using Windows Phones. There are also some added pluses as a parent. One of which is the find my phone feature. If I want to see if she is really where she says she will be all I have to do is log in and find her phone. The Family Room feature is good and there are other ways to keep tabs on what your kids do with their phones such as SkyDrive and Outlook.com.

Windows Phone are even impressive enough that my son has ditched his Android for a shiny new Lumia 520 just last week. Now my house is completely untainted. :smile:

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
North central Indiana. Even at my work, there are more windows phones than android. The only reason there are more iPhones is because they are company phones. Among personal phones there are more WPs than the others. :cool:

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Amazing.
A place where Windows Phones are the 'in' thing?

Looks like I've found it!
(Now, tell me where the school is...)

come to my college
Its totally different in India
My department has 10 Lumia 520,4 Lumia 620,3 Lumia 720, one 625, and 3 Lumia 920.

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss