Today's Microsoft announcements, a heavy dose of reality for windows mobile lovers.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Well I have to say the new device announcements were very exciting. Lots of cool exciting new technology. That being said I am personally very disappointed with the direction Windows mobile is heading. I was always an Android user for lack of ever trying microsoft. When the lumia 1020 arrived though it filled me with excitement and intrigue like when I was a child and got my first Sega Genesis. All the super cool old school games like Zelda,NBA Jam, Ninja turtles the original, all available on a phone, plus an amazing camera with insane capabilites as far as photo/video are concerned. I was willing to deal with the lack of some favorite apps, because of these awesome photo and game apps. Then the announcement of Windows 10 preview , and my lumia 1020 was one of the very first phones on the preview list, so naturally I became excited figuring that this meant my device was considered a good candidate for the new OS. Yet , with todays announcements its very clear Microsoft is going to be changing the Mobile OS completely, to the point were I have finally realized my lumia 1020 has no shot at surviving the new OS. I understand alot of people can afford 700-800 dollars to run out and grab new devices, but for me I am a budget type of person, so when I invested the 600 dollars for my 1020 1 1/2 years ago I planned on not needing a new device for 3 years. Not complaining the new direction is very exciting, just stinks all that talk about windows 10 mobile being approiate for almost all Lumia devices, was just that talk. Im going to revert back to 8.1 and hope it runs effectively for my remaining 1 1/2 years of my planned 3 year run. Goodbye Windows 10 mobile, with your beauty and grace. I all ready own two PC and one notebook so having a phone that mimics them is not a high priority for me, I want my mobile for just that my mobile. Its a shame all those amazing games are no longer available and no new apps have been released in months. I guess investing in High Price mobile devices was my mistake. From now on cheapies on android are the route , so my feelings wont be hurt when they get left behind.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
what do you mean no shot of surviving the new OS?

Its still on par performance-wise with the midrange offerings of today, etc. They just talked about the new fancy things today, they aren't going to spend the time talking about how well things will run on yesterday's hardware when the presentation already was cramped with gadgets.

You're like me and girls - reading into what you see too much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss