Too much empty space at the top on the menu ??

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
m sure there has been a lot of similar posts, its just that i cant fine any :)

after some time with windows phone, i find it so annoying that there is that black empty space at the top, and i know some of you may see it as a place where the notifications appear.
but when you drag the tiles just a little to the top TRUST ME you will see some difference, it feels that the phone gone thinner or taller, but it just feels BETTER ...
ill post the pictures showing both cases.
Personally i dont mind the notifications showing on a part of the tile as it will eventually go away ... so my suggestion is that MS may reduce that space or even give us the option to, notice almost all WP8 ads from Nokia,Samsung and HTC ... all of them where the tiles are raised up because they know that the phone will look MUCH better in this way.
here are the pics and you decide. Maybe you try it and tell me what you think.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130130_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20130130_0002.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20130130_0003.jpg
    wp_ss_20130130_0003.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Playing with my phone, I could accept it a little bit higher, but not all the way. Maybe it would be okay, if the clock disappeared as the rest of the symbols up there. But then how would you get the rest of the symbols? There wouldn't be a way to touch it, you'd just chose the top tile. And if all of the symbols were always there, it would look cramped.

I really don't think my phone looks any better, if the tiles are higher up on the display.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
No it's not too much. It is appropriate enough so that when a toast notification comes and lingers for 10 seconds, it doesn't hide your tiles or text. When you are inside an app it only covers those gigantic bold headings on the panorama and not it's content. Thoughtful to say the least.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
No. No. No. NO. NO. NOOO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Negative space exists for a reason. If your intention is to jam as much content onto the screen at any given time then you don't really understand Metro. Check out this thread for basically the whole topic you're talking about. <3 u still.

Last edited:

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
i didn't raise it all the way to the top there .. look at the 1st picture, there is still some space left enough for the clock, signal, wifi and the rest.
i got the 8x, and maybe its a personal thing, but i really felt a difference there :) just from the visual side of view, the 1st glance when you look at the phone.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
No. No. No. NO. NO. NOOO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Negative space exists for a reason. If your intention is to jam as much content onto the screen at any given time then you don't really understand Metro. Check out this thread for basically the whole topic you're talking about. <3 u still.

Well, Microsoft had no worries to forget the entire negative space story for the area right of the tiles ;-)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
and btw, i cant see any chance that the toast notification would cove a full tile no matter what you did..

It will still cover the tile. So if you have tiny tiles pinned or ME tile pinned, then it will hide the text of notification. Blank space makes sure you do what you want to do and notification doesn't bother you. Similar to how Android notification bar works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077