Touch Pro compatible apps?

fatyank

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
I am currently using a Treo 800W which I enjoy, but I am seriously considering the Touch Pro. I like the larger screen and touch flo as well as a few other features. My question is this: will SpB Shell, SpB Diary and Google Maps apps that I have for my 800w also work on the Touch Pro without having to purchase them again (SpB apps). I am moving over from Palm after 10 years and have only been using WM since September so I am still learning the ins and outs. Everything for Palm was linked to a "user name" so changing devices sometimes was a pain. :eek::eek::eek: Thanks in advance for your help.. Oh yeah, has anyone made the same device switch or vice versa. I would like to know which one you prefer, Treo 800w or HTC Touch Pro?

herg62123

Dec 23, 2008
Visit site
I am currently using a Treo 800W which I enjoy, but I am seriously considering the Touch Pro. I like the larger screen and touch flo as well as a few other features. My question is this: will SpB Shell, SpB Diary and Google Maps apps that I have for my 800w also work on the Touch Pro without having to purchase them again (SpB apps). I am moving over from Palm after 10 years and have only been using WM since September so I am still learning the ins and outs. Everything for Palm was linked to a "user name" so changing devices sometimes was a pain. :eek::eek::eek: Thanks in advance for your help.. Oh yeah, has anyone made the same device switch or vice versa. I would like to know which one you prefer, Treo 800w or HTC Touch Pro?

google maps will....the current version of google maps is 2.3.0.9 - which has street view

the others i don't use so i don't know

tostler

Dec 14, 2004
Visit site
Fatyank, I came from a Treo 800w and switched to the Touch Pro. I used SPB shell on the 800 and have not had a need to put it on the Touch Pro. I do use SPB Time, and had no problem with registering the product, so I assume you'll have no problem with Mobile Shell and Diary on the Touch Pro. Just keep the user name the same; device name can be different and you should be fine.
I miss a few things about the 800. Specifically the excellent keyboard and ringer switch. Other than those two, I love the Touch Pro. It pains me to say that 'cause I'm so brand loyal to Handspring, er Palm that I was willing to put up with the quirks of the 800 (I went through 2 trying to get decent battery life). I hard reset the 800 at least a dozen times in 4 months trying to identify my issues with the thing. After 2 months with the Touch Pro I've yet to reset it once.

bclinger

Sep 14, 2003
Visit site
SPB Backup does not reliably work on my Sprint Touch Pro. Backups take as long as 30 minutes and often times after the reset SPBB displays a prompt that the backup was not good. As a result, I went with the new release of Sprite Backup, only to find that HTC also has their own backup that works well.

SunnySoft contacts - dumped that because I no longer have a phone button that it recognizes. I used it ONLY for the display list on the 800W.

DTG the new Windoz release - there are times when the screen craps out and does not properly refresh, not a problem with Pocket Excel. Though PE & PW do not handle sub folders well.

I gave up on Fizz Alarm and am now using pTravel Alarm. Problem: multiple and unset alarms going off.

There are bunches of applications on my device that are device dependent, though I have yet to have any problem getting a new code from the developer (other than SunnySoft).

Before going with the Touch Pro, have you thought of the Treo Pro? The Touch Pro IS NOT a one-handed device and though I like the device, I HATE the slider. I went with the Touch Pro due to quality issues with the 800W - 3 devices...

xdalaw

Jul 12, 2006
Visit site
I've been having some Spb backup issues with my Touch Pro, too. (Never had issues before with Spb Backup on other devices.)

Might need to seek out a deal with Sprite to use their product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler