Trouble connecting to a trusted wifi

lupeders

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an Samsung Ativ S with os 8.0.10211.204

When I have a trusted WIFI with WPA2(AES) security. The Wifi is trusted and works fine, but if I leave the wifi zone and comes back after 30 minutes it would not connect to the WIFI again. If I manually tries to connect, is Says "The phone cannot access the WI-FI network XXXXXX"

I have tried
- Turn Wifi off-on
- Erased and tried to add the WIfi again. It answers the same and cannot access.
- Reboot of the phone is the only thing that helps. Then I can add and connect to the WIFI again.

I have been waiting for updates, but I am starting to become unpatient.

Do anyone have any ideas what to do?

iop777

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem recently on my Lumia running GDR3. I've tested multiple connections with the same results.

lupeders

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Testet with several trusted wifi networks. Then I would have to reconfigure all the routers.

In other words. It is not the routers.

jeffmparker

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
It's not the routers. I've had the same problem since the GDR2 update. Bad news that the problem still exists in GDR3! I've found that turning wifi off then on seems to enable my L920 to autoconnect. But I have to do this each time on each network, which is a royal pain...

lupeders

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I am still waiting for GDR2 so It can not be that updates fault. I was hoping it would be better with an update, but I am still waiting for an update.

Anthodk

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello
I have a Lumia 820 and I have had this problem with both GDR1 and GDR2 on several different routers.
I have a workaround solution. I know it sounds stupid and not at all logical, but it works everytime for me:
When ever I can't connect to my WiFi, and turn off bluetooth and then try to connect to the WiFi again.

I have know idea why this works for me, but it does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo