Trying Straight Talk w my 920

Josh 1

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I was in the same boat as a lot of others here. I'd entered the MMS APN info to the T (making sure to delete prior settings), then reboot. Finally, after 3 months of periodically fiddling (probably at least 30 attempts), not sure how, but I finally got MMS to work.

Had the same issue with my 900. There seems to be something in the OS settings or on the backend that seems to click after a while. Annoying as all heck.

I guess my point is, if you know you're inputing the right settings and it's still not working, keep trying.

HiViz Trader

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I own an unbranded unlocked Lumia 920 with Straight Talk. I purchased the phone from the UK but reside in the USA. I finally received the Portico update today.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
hey guys i'm a little confused. i'm on straight talk website and it says any T-mo or any unlocked phone my phone is ATT locked. will it just work? my other question is will they supply the sim card? or do you need an ATT sim card.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
hey guys i'm a little confused. i'm on straight talk website and it says any T-mo or any unlocked phone my phone is ATT locked. will it just work? my other question is will they supply the sim card? or do you need an ATT sim card.

Straight Talk is going through some issues with AT&T right now. You need a Straight Talk SIM card, that works in AT&T phones. They used to sell them but are now "sold out"... I use the "s because officially that is what they are saying, but some/most believe they won't sell them again.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Straight Talk is going through some issues with AT&T right now. You need a Straight Talk SIM card, that works in AT&T phones. They used to sell them but are now "sold out"... I use the "s because officially that is what they are saying, but some/most believe they won't sell them again.

fudge-ing great, ugh. i just called them they said you can get a straight talk compatible with ATT but the phone most be unlocked. is this true?

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Frageelay you do not need to unlock the phone to get it work on st. You just need to get the st at&t compatible sim card to get it to work. If you need tethering then you need an unbranded unlocked phone (international version).

are you sure? i called them today and they said you need an unlocked phone.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not certain this is correct. The phone is locked, and that SIM is for an unlocked GSM-compatible phone. I believe that ST has lost its contract rights to offer AT&T-compatible SIM cards, either permanently or temporarily. Check at your local Wal Mart for legacy cards while they're still in supply. If ST is able to renegotiate a contract with AT&T, the cards will be offered later (potentially at a higher price).

Important Information

Important Information:

To Activate your service, you will need a Service PIN. You may purchase a Service PIN with a Debit card or Credit card.
You will need a compatible GSM T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with T-Mobile.
This program/offering does not work with Straight Talk, TracFone, NET10, SafeLink, Telcel America, BlackBerry and/or CDMA phones (i.e. Sprint, Metro PCS).
No Refunds will be issued for this SIM Card or Airtime PIN purchases.
In order for your phone's INTERNET and MULTIMEDIA/PICTURE MESSAGING to work, you will need to update your phone’s APN (Access Point Name) settings by following a few simple steps. These settings can be found on our website at apn.straighttalksim.com.
Updating your APN settings does not guarantee MMS (Multimedia/Picture Messaging) will work. MMS is dependent upon your phone model’s limitations.
If you have an iPhone and you would like to use MMS, you may need to make further changes to your iPhone in order to update your MMS settings. You may search online for more information.

nothing about AT&T but at check out there isn't an option for an AT&T compatible sim card. this sucks.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
are you sure? i called them today and they said you need an unlocked phone.

That other post you quoted is from November. The rules were different then.

fudge-ing great, ugh. i just called them they said you can get a straight talk compatible with ATT but the phone most be unlocked. is this true?

That sounds more and more like they aren't going to allow simple cross over. Pretty sure as long as you are out of contract that AT&T will give you the unlock code. Have you tried that?

Checking Ebay also confims this. The AT&T able Straight Talk SIMs are selling like hot cakes for well above the posted price as they are 'discontinued'.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
AT&T and T-Mobile both use the same method, which lets you change the number of rings right from your phone. To do it:

Dial *#61# from your phone. Tap Send.
You should see a new screen that displays a bunch of information about what's getting forwarded. You should see a line under "Voice Call Forwarding" that says "Forwards to +11234567890" (where 11234567890 is an eleven digit phone number, likely different from your phone number). Write down this number and tap Dismiss.
Now, dial **61*+11234567890*11*XX# and hit Send, where 11234567890 is the number that you found in step two and XX is the number of seconds you want to wait until voicemail picks up. You can set it in increments of 5, where 30 seconds is the maximum.

You sir, are a STAR!!!!

I have been trying to figure out since I started using ST how I could get this value increased as I almost never get to my phone when it rings before it going to voicemail. Thank you, thank you , THANK YOU!! :cool:

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
That other post you quoted is from November. The rules were different then.

That sounds more and more like they aren't going to allow simple cross over. Pretty sure as long as you are out of contract that AT&T will give you the unlock code. Have you tried that?

Checking Ebay also confims this. The AT&T able Straight Talk SIMs are selling like hot cakes for well above the posted price as they are 'discontinued'.

oh ok. the thing is i bought the phone off of ebay so i was never with ATT, i emailed the ceo and said available unlock is june. i saw the straight talk sim cards on ebay. 90 is a little too much no? haha that's 1/4 what i payed for the phone. do you happen to know if net 10 will work with a locked ATT 920?

Sibyl Wang

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Help! Please! I got a Sumsung windows phone which works pretty similarly to 920 and a straighttalk sim card and everything else (by which I mean calling and messaging) works well. But I cannot get data to work. The APN setting under Settings-Cellular is like below and I am so confused how to set it up, any help would be so appreciated!!!

APN:
Use name:
Password:
Proxy server/URL:
Proxy port:

Please please thank you guys!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
oh ok. the thing is i bought the phone off of ebay so i was never with ATT, i emailed the ceo and said available unlock is june. i saw the straight talk sim cards on ebay. 90 is a little too much no? haha that's 1/4 what i payed for the phone. do you happen to know if net 10 will work with a locked ATT 920?

It certainly will! I picked up an AT&T Lumia 920 just last night and am now using it with my AT&T Net10 SIM card. Works great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS